News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallout 4

Started by Syt, May 11, 2015, 07:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Caliga on October 24, 2015, 09:06:48 AM
So now that the release is coming closer I need to decide... do I get this for my PS4 or my PC?

PS4 pros: can play it on my TV which is hooked up to the stereo system, controller probably less clunky then KB/mouse

PC pros: probably easier to mod, with more mods available, slightly better hardware on my PC

If I get it for PC, I'll also have to break down and get a gaming headset, as my PC is in my pool room downstairs and I didn't bother to hook up my ancient speaker set to it.

I use a PC game pad for fo3 and nv. Why use a KB and mouse.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Barrister

Trailer dropped today.  Pretty nice. :)

Definitely picking this one up.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

It really does look tempting... but I really should struggle to the end of new Vegas first
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

I'm not normally this petty, but good God the hair looks bad in that game.  Those women look like they're wearing plastic helmets.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Solmyr

Quote from: Razgovory on November 06, 2015, 10:53:16 PM
I'm not normally this petty, but good God the hair looks bad in that game.  Those women look like they're wearing plastic helmets.

There will be a hair mod within a week.

grumbler

Quote from: Solmyr on November 07, 2015, 10:14:02 AM

Particularly as this is the same engine as Skyrim, which has numerous hair mods.  Porting those over should be trivial, even in the absence of a GECK.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

celedhring

They seem to have dumbed down streamlined a lot of the RPG mechanics. Skills merged with perks, dialogue wheel (which usually means less dialogue options)... Ah well, will eventually pick it up all the same after I upgrade my PC.

I'm actually not that against FPS/RPG hybrids after having so much fun with the Mass Effect games.

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on November 07, 2015, 10:39:24 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on November 07, 2015, 10:14:02 AM

Particularly as this is the same engine as Skyrim, which has numerous hair mods.  Porting those over should be trivial, even in the absence of a GECK.

Which begs the question why didn't the developer improve the hair.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Razgovory on November 07, 2015, 12:10:18 PM
Which begs the question why didn't the developer improve the hair.

It's a great question. This has been happening since Morrowind at least.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Legbiter

Scuttlebutt is that it's shit. Poorly made, limited compared to previous titles, rushed. :(

We'll see soon enough.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Razgovory

Quote from: Legbiter on November 07, 2015, 08:00:17 PM
Scuttlebutt is that it's shit. Poorly made, limited compared to previous titles, rushed. :(

We'll see soon enough.

What's the source of the scuttlebutt?

Legbiter

Just neckbeards neckbearding over leaked streams, etc Raz. What will count is what Languish thinks of it.

Eh, vanilla FO 3 even had a few good bits in it and modders made it quite good. Eventually. Fixing the game will be the game for the first couple of months.  :lol:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Solmyr

I suspect I'll wait until Christmas to get this. By then, it'll be clear from reviews if it's good, some must-have mods will come out, and maybe there'll be a Christmas sale. :P