News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallout 4

Started by Syt, May 11, 2015, 07:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Legbiter on November 08, 2015, 04:48:46 AM
Just neckbeards neckbearding over leaked streams, etc Raz. What will count is what Languish thinks of it.

Eh, vanilla FO 3 even had a few good bits in it and modders made it quite good. Eventually. Fixing the game will be the game for the first couple of months.  :lol:

Someone broke the review embargo and produced a review.  Seems to be the same as most Bethesda games.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jaron

I already preordered and got the season pass. I am not expecting the game to be perfect on day 1 and I expect it will be a very fun experience as every other Fallout game were (except Tactics and all the ones I didn't play on the console).
Winner of THE grumbler point.

MadImmortalMan

I expect it doesn't really matter. There will be five years of youtube channel profitability just for the mods alone. Even if the game sucks, mods.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

The reviews are coming out now.  Most reviewers are jizzing over it in general, but bitching about bugs and performance.

In other words, it's pretty much the same as every other Bethsoft release. :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

http://www.geek.com/games/a-budget-gaming-pc-plays-fallout-4-better-than-consoles-1638999/

QuoteToday is Fallout 4 launch day, and just as important as how good the game is, is how well it performs on the different platforms. That's because Bethesda is renowned for creating massive, open world games that can put a strain on hardware. Fallout 4 is no exception. What's not surprising is that you'll get the best visuals and frame rates on a PC, what is surprising is this remains true even on a budget gaming rig.

As usual, Digital Foundry was quick to get Fallout 4 hooked up to its testing hardware and see how it performs. From past releases across all Bethesda's games, it's fair to expect a certain number of performance-limiting bugs on release day, and Fallout 4 is living up to that expectation.

The game is capped at 30fps on consoles, but both the PS4 and Xbox One dip down to near 20fps regularly. The PS4 is the better console version right now, with the biggest issue on Xbox One being regular stutters that can last up to a second even when doing very basic actions like changing weapons. Both versions are easily playable, though, and a patch (or three) will surely sort out the performance soon enough.

Where the surprise comes in is Digital Foundry's use of a budget PC to play the game. The spec includes a Core i3 4130 CPU, GTX 750 Ti graphics card, 8GB DDR3 RAM, and no overclocking. Using the High preset the game easily hits 40fps while being the equivalent graphically to the consoles running at 1080p.

When you consider Bethesda's minimum spec for the game is a Core i5 2300, GTX 550 Ti, and 8GB RAM, this budget PC does very well. If you've not got a new machine, you're still going to be able to enjoy Fallout 4 without opting to pick up the (sub 30fps) console version.

As with all new releases, if you aren't desperate to play the game during launch week then waiting will present you with a better experience across all platforms. Graphical performance will improve, bugs will be fixed, and there's much less chance of you encountering a game-breaking issue. However, if you must play it right now, the PC version looks to be the one to go for.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Legbiter

QuoteAs with all new releases, if you aren't desperate to play the game during launch week then waiting will present you with a better experience across all platforms. Graphical performance will improve, bugs will be fixed, and there's much less chance of you encountering a game-breaking issue. However, if you must play it right now, the PC version looks to be the one to go for.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Razgovory

Ugh.  I hate the waiting game.  Let's play hungry, hungry hippos instead.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Solmyr

Just became available in Finland. I was weak and bought it. :( Installing now.

Razgovory

You Finnish bastard!  I'll kill you!

Razgovory

Wait, your Russian right?  Nevermind.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jaron

I played a couple of hours last night. I find it very enjoyable so far.

I did have one severe crash that required me to restart my pc and a few graphic glitches here and there but it smoothed out considerably after I updated my graphics drivers. All in all, I haven't noticed any bugs other than that and my gameplay has been smooth and enjoyable.

The Brain

What's the best BDSM mods?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jaron

11B4V

Downloading now. Got the xbox1 version coming today too.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".