And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football 2015

Started by grumbler, April 12, 2015, 10:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on October 03, 2015, 02:55:23 PM
Quote from: PDH on October 03, 2015, 02:41:32 PM
My god...Wyoming is the worst 1A team in the country.  Seriously.

If only the Texas series had a game this year we could have determined who truly held this title hehe.
After App State's 1st drive and Wyoming's 1st drive the score was 14-0 App state...sigh
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on October 03, 2015, 01:41:30 PM
Well he might also mention what TCU did to Texas last year as well  :lol:

I am starting to lose any faith this turnaround is going to happen anytime soon. This program has been wretched this entire decade and it seems the decline is still ongoing.

Well, Michigan had the same thing going, and it came back after "only" eight years.  It took time for the stars to align, though (new president = new athletic director = new coach).

I don't think Strong is the answer for Texas.  He needs more experience before getting a job with that kind of pressure.  But I also don't think you can get rid of him for another year.  The stars will align, though.  Texas just has too much going for it to stay like this for long.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

21-7 at the half.  Wyoming looks like shit warmed over.  0-12 here they come...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

Quote from: PDH on October 03, 2015, 03:48:30 PM
Well, at least they look warmed over.  Could be worse.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadImmortalMan

OSU-Indiana will be close. Damn.

I'm headed to the stadium for the cannon game shortly too.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

PDH

Quote from: grumbler on October 03, 2015, 04:06:29 PM

28-7 now.  Afraid the shit is now stale...
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

grumbler

Quote from: PDH on October 03, 2015, 04:26:12 PM
Quote from: grumbler on October 03, 2015, 04:06:29 PM

28-7 now.  Afraid the shit is now stale...
Told ya it could be worse!  :lol:

Bayraktar!

PDH

Oh worse is what Wyoming fans get.  And I am stuck, there ain't no changing now - I will go to my grave an embittered Wyoming fan that never seems to get anything good.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Eddie Teach

Quote from: uwyo.eduCompeting at the NCAA Division I-A level and as a member of the Mountain West Conference, the Cowboys and Cowgirls regularly contest regional and national powers in basketball, cross-country, golf, soccer, swimming, track, tennis, volleyball, and wrestling.

Sounds like you just picked the wrong sport.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PDH

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 03, 2015, 04:52:56 PM
Quote from: uwyo.eduCompeting at the NCAA Division I-A level and as a member of the Mountain West Conference, the Cowboys and Cowgirls regularly contest regional and national powers in basketball, cross-country, golf, soccer, swimming, track, tennis, volleyball, and wrestling.

Sounds like you just picked the wrong sport.

Well, the good news is almost every sport except football is on the uptick.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

alfred russel

LOL--the Texas Rangers apparently tweeted out "Fire Charlie #bye" -- the tweet was deleted and the guy responsible fired.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

lustindarkness

Well,  Auburn got a win somehow,  and Navy beat Air Force.  :)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on October 03, 2015, 05:43:34 PM
LOL--the Texas Rangers apparently tweeted out "Fire Charlie #bye" -- the tweet was deleted and the guy responsible fired.

The Rangers then promptly blew a four run 9th inning lead that would have clinched the division. Bad day for Rangers/Longhorns fans.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

sbr

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/texas-db-kris-boyd-retweets-a-m-fan-saying-he-should-transfer-185441076.html

QuoteAfter Texas was destroyed 37-0 by TCU in the first half Saturday in an eventual 50-7 loss in Fort Worth, Texas defensive back Kris Boyd apparently found a bit of time to check his Twitter feed in the locker room during halftime.

And what did he do? The freshman retweeted a fan saying he and linebacker Malik Jefferson should transfer to Texas A&M. Yikes.

That's not what Texas fans want to see as the program struggles in Year Two under Charlie Strong. And Strong was not happy when he was asked about Boyd's halftime tweet.

Boyd, a four-star recruit, narrowed his choices down to the Longhorns and Aggies, but committed to Texas before signing day. Despite receiving plenty of playing time early this season, it looks like Boyd is having second thoughts about his decision to play at Texas, which is now 1-4.

grumbler

Quote from: PDH on October 03, 2015, 04:46:36 PM
Oh worse is what Wyoming fans get.  And I am stuck, there ain't no changing now - I will go to my grave an embittered Wyoming fan that never seems to get anything good.

Any former Wyoming QBs coaching pro teams?  You get one of those guys, and watch shit turn around in a hurry.

Bayraktar!