News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football 2015

Started by grumbler, April 12, 2015, 10:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Lots of time left in that one, Berk!  Anything can happen!

I like the Arizona uniforms.  Not so sure about the highlighter yellow NAU is rolling with.

Eddie Teach

Lambert did very well against South Carolina. First time Georgia's looked like a playoff contender this season. :thumbsup:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 20, 2015, 03:45:25 AM
Lambert did very well against South Carolina. First time Georgia's looked like a playoff contender this season. :thumbsup:

I wonder what is going to happen against Alabama. I'm not sure I think less of Alabama than I did before the game: some crazy bounces and a crucial missed call went the way of Ole Miss, Bama lost the turnover battle 5-0, and still only lost by 6 with a chance to win at the end. They will also be desperate.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

I'm just glad that game is in Athens.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 19, 2015, 11:55:05 PM
Hey did they mic up the band?  And turn down the volume on the giant TV?

They do something bush league with the band, I think they do mic it up. There were three bands at the stadium last night since it was alumni band night. The crowd was great I am amazed really. Two games coming off that Notre Dame steamrolling and really good rowdy crowds.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Looking at the slate of games next week, it seems to suck.

UCLA - Arizona
Texas - Okie State
Texas Tech - TCU

Seem to be the big ones. I'm including Texas - Okie State because Okie State is only a 4 point favorite right now.  :hmm:

I think UCLA - Arizona is the only matchup of ranked teams?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

sbr

#13 Oregon against #18 Utah

alfred russel

Quote from: sbr on September 20, 2015, 02:50:16 PM
#13 Oregon against #18 Utah

Sorry, I missed that one.

Add it to the list. :)

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on September 20, 2015, 02:44:35 PM
Texas - Okie State

The score will be something like 60-56 so it should at least be entertaining in its way :P

I think Texas can/will win it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Wyo is 0-3 so far, the first game they lost a QB to a strained knee at the end.  Week 2 the backup broke his collarbone, and yesterday the Week 1 QB hobbled around in a loss.  So far the boys in Brown and Gold have started the 2nd most freshmen of any team, and they play like it.  A long season is getting longer as the Pokes are now 1 hit away from a 3rd stringer who can barely make a screen pass with his noodle arm.

Being a fan of an awful team is hard...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Scipio

Quote from: alfred russel on September 20, 2015, 09:14:08 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 20, 2015, 03:45:25 AM

I wonder what is going to happen against Alabama. I'm not sure I think less of Alabama than I did before the game: some crazy bounces and a crucial missed call went the way of Ole Miss, Bama lost the turnover battle 5-0, and still only lost by 6 with a chance to win at the end. They will also be desperate.
Ole Miss only got the breaks because they outplayed Alabama in nearly every facet of the game, but they had to just to stay in a position to beat them by luck. Alabama looked a lot less lackluster in the loss than they have in their wins.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

alfred russel

Quote from: PDH on September 20, 2015, 07:45:28 PM
Wyo is 0-3 so far, the first game they lost a QB to a strained knee at the end.  Week 2 the backup broke his collarbone, and yesterday the Week 1 QB hobbled around in a loss.  So far the boys in Brown and Gold have started the 2nd most freshmen of any team, and they play like it.  A long season is getting longer as the Pokes are now 1 hit away from a 3rd stringer who can barely make a screen pass with his noodle arm.

Being a fan of an awful team is hard...

My bro is a UCF fan...actually maybe their only megafan. He once got me to drive with him to Marshall to watch them play on Wednesday night.

Anyway, they lost the opener to FIU. Okay, crazy upset. Then they got beat by Stanford. Okay, Stanford is good. Then last week they got beat by Furman. LOL.

grumbler

Now THAT was domination!  unranked Michigan 31, #22 BYU 0.  Total yards: M 448, BYU 105 (and the century mark was reached with 28 seconds to go).  The game was over by the half, and Michigan started the second half with second-string offensive players coming in.  BYU averaged 311 passing yards against two ranked teams and one team just outside the rankings; they got 55 against Michigan, less than 2 yards per attempt.

This was what Michigan fans were hoping to see from a Harbaugh-coached team:  steady improvement on both sides of the ball and in special teams.  The defense is on the verge of being elite (the line is already elite, but the DBs aren't, yet, though now they've found their best 5 DBs and have them in the right places).  The offense will never be elite this year because they don't have an elite QB, but it won't need to be if the defense keeps the demands on the offense to reasonable levels.  Turnovers have declined every game, and that is the key to keeping the offense effective enough to win some big games.

I was questioning a bit my preseason 9-3 pick after the first three games (even though they all went as I predicted), but this game gives me some confidence that I hit the mark about right.  This game was one of the four I pegged for the possible third loss (after calling Utah and MU losses), and Penn State has pretty much taken themselves out of contention for that spot as well.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

Ouch Texas.

ND is starting a true freshman kicker, but I have an issue with starting freshman kickers and punters. They are spending the first few weeks living away from home for the first time, starting college classes, and, oh yeah, stepping onto a football field for a few brief moments where they are watched by millions and will be incredibly conspicuous in failure.