News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football 2015

Started by grumbler, April 12, 2015, 10:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Well let's see if they can recover and make this thing respectable somehow.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Is the punter hurt or something? 

E: Okay that's like the 5th punt the D has forced.  If the O would stop being a bunch of bitches, they could have actually been in this.  Special teams strikes again though.   :rolleyes:

Valmy

No part of the team is competitive right now in this game.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

Haha Mike Finger: "Boy, you gotta think burning that timeout here might come back to haunt Texas later."

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 03, 2015, 12:31:27 PM
Haha Mike Finger: "Boy, you gotta think burning that timeout here might come back to haunt Texas later."

It has been five years since Texas was worth a shit. Piling on years later just seems weak.

MadBurgerMaker

He missed another one.   Not sure why they were even trying it there.  Foreman should have caught that on the previous play, but you gotta go for it at that point.  I like the D just giving up on the TD by TCU too.    <_<

Valmy

Down 30-0 there is absolutely no reason to kick either of those Field Goals with a kicker who is ice cold. You have to try to get back in the game when it is that early. Did not get those decisions.

MadBurgerMaker

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of either of those attempts.  The first one, MAYBE, just to get on the board and all that (remember Rose made his kicks against OSU), but after he shanked that and time is running out in the half, you just have to go for it.

Valmy

Clearly those last two games were a mirage or Cal and OSU just played down to UT's level. This is even worse than I thought it was during the off-season.

alfred russel

I wonder if this isn't going to be the post WWII high point of TCU football.

Historically Texas has owned the series, and long term they will go back to that. TCU has won bigger games, but short of a national title, I just imagine an old dude watching TCU close out another 3-9 season with his grandson saying, "You know, it wasn't always like this. I remember way back in 2015 when we were top 5 and Texas came in here a huge underdog; Texas knew they had no hope. We were up 30-0 in the first quarter, could have beat them by a hundred if we had tried. If Trevone Boykin didn't tear his ACL against Baylor we would have won the national title that year. Back then you missed the rest of the season with an ACL tear and needed surgery, that was before they came up with an instant spray on cure for ligament damage."
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Well he might also mention what TCU did to Texas last year as well  :lol:

I am starting to lose any faith this turnaround is going to happen anytime soon. This program has been wretched this entire decade and it seems the decline is still ongoing.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: alfred russel on October 03, 2015, 01:39:05 PM
I wonder if this isn't going to be the post WWII high point of TCU football.

Historically Texas has owned the series, and long term they will go back to that. TCU has won bigger games, but short of a national title, I just imagine an old dude watching TCU close out another 3-9 season with his grandson saying, "You know, it wasn't always like this. I remember way back in 2015 when we were top 5 and Texas came in here a huge underdog; Texas knew they had no hope. We were up 30-0 in the first quarter, could have beat them by a hundred if we had tried. If Trevone Boykin didn't tear his ACL against Baylor we would have won the national title that year. Back then you missed the rest of the season with an ACL tear and needed surgery, that was before they came up with an instant spray on cure for ligament damage."

By then football will have been outlawed by the scared mommy brigades.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadBurgerMaker

Hey if we have ligament repair spray, maybe we'll also have concussion spray so the scared mommy brigades won't have to worry.

PDH

My god...Wyoming is the worst 1A team in the country.  Seriously.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on October 03, 2015, 02:41:32 PM
My god...Wyoming is the worst 1A team in the country.  Seriously.

If only the Texas series had a game this year we could have determined who truly held this title hehe.