News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football 2015

Started by grumbler, April 12, 2015, 10:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 16, 2015, 09:41:02 AM
Speaking of which, apparently a couple days ago Patterson was talking about renovating the Erwin Center and using it for a few more years, ignoring that whole....medical school thing....that is going to be built there.  Supposedly the President was a bit confused by that.

He was lying to manipulate the City of Austin into paying for part (or all) of the new Arena for Texas. That, I suspect, was the straw that broke the camel's back. But he has been trying to pressure the Austin to do that basically since he got there. To tell such an obviously false lie was...rather poor judgement to say the least.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 16, 2015, 09:41:02 AM
"Advisor of all things Texas except proper hookem hand orientation" to the AD.  Fire Plonsky and give Matt her salary. 

Now there is an AD that needs firing. Having a job in the woman's side of the AD must be nice. You can just suck forever and never win anything and just keep drawing your big fat salary.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on September 16, 2015, 09:43:46 AM
He was lying to manipulate the City of Austin into paying for part (or all) of the new Arena for Texas. That, I suspect, was the straw that broke the camel's back. But he has been trying to pressure the Austin to do that basically since he got there. To tell such an obviously false lie was...rather poor judgement to say the least.

Seriously?  It's just more lies?  What a dick.

E:  I just saw some post/article saying Patterson lied to Strong about Fenves wanting to move the football academic stuff out of Moncrief, when Fenves hadn't talked about it at all with Patterson.  The dude apparently has a problem with lying.

grumbler

Here's the sort of pregame video you can do when James Earl Jones is an alumnus:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x375fqd_michigan-vs-oregon-state-pregame_sport

JEJ wrote the script for this, after Jim Harbaugh asked him to narrate a football video.  Over the top?  Yeah, maybe.  But I'll never admit it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Offense has a pulse.  Defense doesn't. 

Heard is a badass, even following attempted murder.

katmai

Still looking like Pac-12 North > South.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Iowa just kicked a 57 yarder with 2 seconds left to beat Pitt.

The lovely irony is that Pitt iced the kicker with a timeout just as he was kicking, and he missed that one.

MadBurgerMaker

Oooh damn, Rose.

Welp, Horns lose by one on a missed PAT.  O put up 44, that should be enough.  Loss is on the D, not Rose.  Jerrod Heard fucking rules: 528 total yards.  Ridiculous.

Texas fight, OU sucks.

E:  Ole Miss is kicking Alabama's ass. 

Valmy

Just got back from the game. Very hoarse and tired hehe. Had a blast.

This loss does not worry me that much, it is a non-conference game for a middling team that is not going to compete for anything.

But this game makes me feel they might have something going here. The defense was getting steamrolled and looked pretty deflated but they stepped it up in the fourth quarter and shut Cal out. That was impressive. That Cal offense is elite and that defense is pretty bad, but they gutted it out when they had to.

Jerrod Heard is the real deal. The whole team seems different with him at starting QB, not to mention his crazy yardage production tonight.

Before I figured Texas had no chance against about five teams on the schedule. Now I think they have a chance against any team they play going forward. That is something. This Charlie Strong guy is going to work out. The team showed me something tonight they have no shown in a long time.

Granted it may be because I just screamed my head off and had an amazing time so am not thinking clearly but I was very encouraged.

MadBurgerMaker

Hey did they mic up the band?  And turn down the volume on the giant TV?

Jaron

BYU is slaughtering the UCLA Bruins!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

MadBurgerMaker

Well Ole Miss was kicking their asses, but I just switched back from the UCLA - BYU game and it's back to just a 6 point game. 

Ole Miss WR #3 seems gigantic.

E:  And this BYU QB, Mangum, is nails.  They're putting a lot of pressure on him with the 3rd and longs and he just keeps making the throws.  Funky throwing motion though.

He just completed a pass to himself (bounced it off the OL) and gained 4 yards. Wow.

And UCLA just rolled down the field to tie it.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadBurgerMaker

Oops, he threw a pick there to end the game.  UCLA wins.

Oh nice kick return TD for Utah just now.  Still 9+ minutes left in this one, but at 38-10, I'm thinking Fresno won't be making a comeback.  E: Sweet an onside kick recovery for Fresno.  38-17 THE COMEBACK BEGINS.  Boom TD 38-24.  Arizona is kicking the dogshit out of someone.

Berkut

Arizona looks like they are going to squeak out a win over their rivals from up north.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned