And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football 2015

Started by grumbler, April 12, 2015, 10:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 13, 2015, 12:42:24 AM
Georgia needs a QB.

You can thank the SEC for that...Everett Golson was leaning toward transferring to UGA or South Carolina, but the SEC was going to make it difficult or impossible to transfer into the conference due to past discipline issues at Notre Dame (he cheated on a test). So off he goes to FSU.

Obviously he couldn't have transferred to both schools, but those are two of the more prominent SEC schools that are going to struggle this year with QB issues.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

During my golf lesson this morning the pro told me that Hawkeye players like to golf on that course because they can hit the sauce away from the watchful eye of their university minders.

alfred russel

Auburn fell from 6 to 18 in the AP poll.  :lol:

Don't have a problem with it--there are a lot of 2-0 teams that have looked better than Auburn, and based on the body of work I think an 18 ranking is fair. Really a function of early season polls being stupid. But I wonder if a team has ever fall 12 spots after a win.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Valmy

Chip Patterson? LOL

Yes it does appear he has been fired. THANK GOD. Horrible hire.

Demoting Shawn Watson, firing Steve Patterson. Damn it is like sanity has been introduced to UT all of the sudden.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

There is rumbling in Wildcat land that Greg Byrne might be on the UT short list. That would make me somewhat unhappy.

On the other hand, there is also talk that Byrne dad being the AD at A&M would make the younger not as attractive as one might think to UT...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on September 16, 2015, 01:24:02 AM
There is rumbling in Wildcat land that Greg Byrne might be on the UT short list. That would make me somewhat unhappy.

On the other hand, there is also talk that Byrne dad being the AD at A&M would make the younger not as attractive as one might think to UT...

It was not the fact that Dollah Bill was AD at A&M it was the fact he gave off the strong impression he was an idiot while doing so that was the problem. His hilarious voicemail threatening to kick a fan's ass, always referring to UT as 'our friends in the state capital', and generally trying to be the most Aggie Ag that ever Ag'd was pretty obnoxious. Then there are the rumors his son is trying to introduce A&M traditions to Arizona.

But that is just us fans sitting over here. UT has an interim AD so they will take their sweet time surveying the country and find the right guy. They fucked it up pretty bad last time so they will be careful.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on September 16, 2015, 08:41:19 AM
Quote from: Berkut on September 16, 2015, 01:24:02 AM

It was not the fact that Dollah Bill was AD at A&M it was the fact he gave off the strong impression he was an idiot while doing so that was the problem. His hilarious voicemail threatening to kick a fan's ass, always referring to UT as 'our friends in the state capital', and generally trying to be the most Aggie Ag that ever Ag'd was pretty obnoxious. Then there are the rumors his son is trying to introduce A&M traditions to Arizona.

But that is just us fans sitting over here. UT has an interim AD so they will take their sweet time surveying the country and find the right guy. They fucked it up pretty bad last time so they will be careful.

I suspect that the people making decisions at UT are concerned with much more tangible measures than "trying to introduce A&M traditions", whatever the hell that means.

Byrne the younger is probably one of about 5 or 6 ADs in the country right now that are considered to be at the top of the desirability list. The guy who got both Sean Miller and Rich Rod is looking pretty good right now...

0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on September 16, 2015, 08:54:52 AM
I suspect that the people making decisions at UT are concerned with much more tangible measures than "trying to introduce A&M traditions", whatever the hell that means.

Supposedly he wants to bring the 'saw 'em off' thing there.

But FFS Berkut that is what I said :huh: that was just fan babble, that UT held his father's tenure against him, and that should not be taken seriously. UT is not going to rule somebody out just because their father was the AD at A&M. I thought I made that clear in my post.

QuoteByrne the younger is probably one of about 5 or 6 ADs in the country right now that are considered to be at the top of the desirability list. The guy who got both Sean Miller and Rich Rod is looking pretty good right now...

Will you be offended now if UT does not hire him? :P

Berkut

I will be offended and enraged either way, and blame you personally.

0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on September 16, 2015, 09:08:40 AM
I will be offended and enraged either way, and blame you personally.

I knew it :weep:

MadBurgerMaker

Only names I've been seeing from serious places are Mack, Bowlsby, Luck, and Jurich, with Chip coming out and saying the Mack rumors were without merit pretty quickly.  Only time I've seen anything about $Bill's kid has been on intertube message boards, along with the guy at TCU. Del Conte, I think his name is.

Twitter wants Matthew McConaughey.

Valmy

If Luck wants the job it should be his. It should have been his back in 2013.

I bet Charlie Strong hopes it is Jurich  :P

I am having a hard time with this Cal game. I know Texas should lose but they so desperately need to win I am having a hard time being objective enough to get a good feel for it. Like somehow my emotions keep envisioning this miracle where the defensive front pressures Goff.

alfred russel

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 16, 2015, 09:23:44 AM

Twitter wants Matthew McConaughey.

In a world where Texas Tech hired Kliff Kingsbury, is it really so crazy?  :hmm:

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on September 16, 2015, 09:29:59 AM
If Luck wants the job it should be his. It should have been his back in 2013.

I bet Charlie Strong hopes it is Jurich  :P

I am having a hard time with this Cal game. I know Texas should lose but they so desperately need to win I am having a hard time being objective enough to get a good feel for it. Like somehow my emotions keep envisioning this miracle where the defensive front pressures Goff.

Yeah, Luck would clearly be #1, but Jurich is no slouch.  Aside from just team performances, Louisville has done some good things with their facilities, which is pretty relevant to Texas right now.  Speaking of which, apparently a couple days ago Patterson was talking about renovating the Erwin Center and using it for a few more years, ignoring that whole....medical school thing....that is going to be built there.  Supposedly the President was a bit confused by that.

QuoteIn a world where Texas Tech hired Kliff Kingsbury, is it really so crazy?  :hmm:

"Advisor of all things Texas except proper hookem hand orientation" to the AD.  Fire Plonsky and give Matt her salary.