And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football 2015

Started by grumbler, April 12, 2015, 10:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Val, Watson (and Wickline) has been relieved of playcalling duties.  Replaced by Jay Norvell.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25295015/charlie-strong-names-jay-norvell-new-texas-offensive-play-caller

Valmy

I feel like a prophet. I predicted that earlier that day on Shaggybevotexas

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/162687-New-O-Coordinator-Call-Your-Shot?p=8526744#post8526744

QuoteI don't think Watson makes it out of the season. I think he is replaced on an interim basis by Jay Norvell.

I think Charlie will regret not making this move in the offseason, loyalty is great and all but you have to be a bit cold blooded sometimes. Besides canning a terrible OC is how Chuck ended up with Watson to begin with.

:showoff:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Hey a banner:

E: Also, go wrong colored UT!  Suck it, Stoops.  E2:  And hey another wrong colored UT just beat the Pigs.   :)

Wow.  I don't know what to say.  They look so.....different....with Heard and the new playcalling.  Now special teams are kicking some ass too.  21-0 already.  Defense needs to work on their tackling though.  Im not sure I like this 3-3-5 thing they seem to like.  There's nothing there against the run.

Yeah, Rice is able to just run right up the middle all they want.  21-14 now, Horns O has only had the ball for like 6 minutes lol.  Averaging 8 yards per play, but can't get the ball because the defense is sucking ass.

Uhhhhh okay well the O got the ball back to start the half.  1 play, 1 TD.  That ended the 3rd Q scoring drought quick-like.  Burt is really fast.  Unfortunately this means Rice gets the ball back and can go back to bitch slapping the UT D on the ground.

Oh yeah, and way to implode, Tennessee.  Congrats.

Horns win.  Been a while.  I don't know how to feel about the damn freshmen looking like the best players on the field a lot of the time.

MadBurgerMaker

Hey Sparty just took down Oregon.  Good win for them.

Berkut

And not a bad loss for Oregon either.

Arizona took care of business against Nevada. The offense is looking solid.

Scooby Wright's replacement at middle linebacker got hurt himself.

I think I could start for Arizona at LB right now.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

alfred russel

I think today went a long way toward answering that frequently asked post week 1 question: "Is Notre Dame that good, or Texas that bad?"

Sorry about that, Texas fans.

Also, ND is in really big trouble with Malik Zaire getting hurt. One top QB splits to FSU, an RB is academically ineligible, and then in game 1 the starting RB gets hurt and is out for the season, and in game 2 the same happens to the starting QB. The team is now down to a starting RB that was recruited as a safety and played receiver last year, backed up by a true freshman. And at QB you have a redshirt freshman backed up by a true freshman that was supposed to redshirt.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: alfred russel on September 12, 2015, 11:19:27 PM
I think today went a long way toward answering that frequently asked post week 1 question: "Is Notre Dame that good, or Texas that bad?"

Well considering they essentially fired the OC (he doesn't call plays anymore) and replaced the starting QB, you might have been the only one asking that question.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Berkut on September 12, 2015, 11:18:52 PM

Wow, that's some shitty luck there. 

E:  Hey Berk, weird question:  Why do refs seem to only carry the one flag?  I know it doesn't happen often, but every once in a while, I'll see a hat flying in or a beanbag or something like that because they had already thrown the flag and needed something else.  It's just a yellow...thing...with some sort of weight in it, right?  Why not have a backup?

alfred russel

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 12, 2015, 11:23:44 PM

Well considering they essentially fired the OC (he doesn't call plays anymore) and replaced the starting QB, you might have been the only one asking that question.

:huh: Notre Dame leapfrogged two teams in the AP poll and into the top 10, and lots of articles and talking heads predicted they would be really good this year. Clearly lots of people looked at that Texas game and thought Notre Dame was a quality side.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: alfred russel on September 12, 2015, 11:32:26 PM
:huh: Notre Dame leapfrogged two teams in the AP poll and into the top 10, and lots of articles and talking heads predicted they would be really good this year. Clearly lots of people looked at that Texas game and thought Notre Dame was a quality side.

Texas was awful in that game.  They were that bad.  There was no real question about anything.  Notre Dame's backups could have beaten them last week.  They probably could have shown up shitfaced and pulled out a close W. There's nothing to really say about it other than that.  It might turn into a quality win for ND down the road with the changes Texas made afterwards, but it was basically a bodybag game at the time.  Just with no payout for the losers.

Valmy

Um I said well before the game was played that Texas was going to be destroyed. I know what they are. No need to feel sorry. We are entering the dark time where Mack Brown's last three wretched recruiting classes are the upper classmen. Barely a serviceable player recruited in three seasons. They have energetic Freshmen and Sophomores and loads of dogshit.

Had a ton of fun at the game tonight though. Beautiful evening for football. It was one thing to see the defense be pushed around by Notre Dame but to see Rice totally dominate up front was disheartening :lol:

Jerrod Heard may not be the second coming...but he will do. He looked like a real QB out there now whatever Tyrone Swoopes is.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 12, 2015, 11:24:19 PM
Quote from: Berkut on September 12, 2015, 11:18:52 PM

Wow, that's some shitty luck there. 

E:  Hey Berk, weird question:  Why do refs seem to only carry the one flag?  I know it doesn't happen often, but every once in a while, I'll see a hat flying in or a beanbag or something like that because they had already thrown the flag and needed something else.  It's just a yellow...thing...with some sort of weight in it, right?  Why not have a backup?

It varies - I always carry two - one in my belt, and another in my back pocket.

However, to be honest, I think I've thrown two in one play maybe 5 times in my career.

A lot of officials just carry one, because it is very rare that you need more than one - generally your focus on a play is pretty narrow, so it would be very unusual to ever need more than one.

0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

Yeah that makes sense.  I see it a lot more (and it's still rare) since I watch a bunch of games, while a ref will only do one game a week.  It's just kinda funny when you see hats and shit flying all over the field due to excessive player dumbassery. 

Berkut

The thinking is mostly that the very rare situations you will need more than one flag, you will probably need 4, which you won't have anyway, so yeah, lets just start throwing random shit at that point.

0 rows returned