Random History Geek Thing You'd Like To Do

Started by Queequeg, June 17, 2009, 09:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Phillip V on June 18, 2009, 08:42:29 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 18, 2009, 09:49:46 AM
I want to visit Gettysburg in July and see a reenactment of the battle.
I will be in Gettysburg in early July. Let's have a date.
I said I want to, not that I will. I have to save my money for the cruise my family is going on that month.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

BuddhaRhubarb

I went to a lot of shrines, temples, historical sites, drank sake and went to Hot Springs in the shadow of Fuji-San. I had a real sense of history everywhere I went in Japan. Sometimes you have to look past the Blade Runner-y NOW of Japan to see it, but it's there.

I would venture about similarly if ever I got the chance to check out another culture, again.
:p

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Caliga on June 18, 2009, 07:12:38 AM
Quote from: Tamas on June 18, 2009, 07:04:24 AM
Well I assume most of them are doing the hunting for the thrill of it, ergo its a sport and evil. Altough I do understand wild animal population must be kept in check.
:mellow: Ladies and gents, this is why the Russians will conquer Europe in like 15 minutes the next time they invade. :)
nah, Russians are more likely to see 3 or 4 times the numbers of Europeans there really are, or none at all
:p

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tamas on June 18, 2009, 08:09:02 AM
All fucking insects must fucking die.
I'd prefer you let bees live. Too vital.

Savonarola

I just did one this week.  CB and I went to Washington DC and saw the Peacock Room in the Freer Museum.  The Peacock Room (as well as the entire Freer museum collection) was housed in the Freer Mansion in Detroit until Charles Lang Freer's death in 1919.  :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock