News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

FOTA to break away from F1

Started by Maladict, June 19, 2009, 01:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: DGuller on June 19, 2009, 08:51:59 AM
I just hope this situation will not go like the CART/IRL split that destroyed American open wheel racing.

I'd feel that way if I cared at all about Formula 1 racing. 

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Iormlund on June 19, 2009, 12:41:34 PM
Toyota is a fairly crappy F1 team. And the one with the highest budget.

So the NY Yankees of Formula One.  Got it.

Neil

Quote from: Iormlund on June 19, 2009, 12:41:34 PM
Toyota is a fairly crappy F1 team. And the one with the highest budget.
That doesn't stop them from making shitty ads about how their cars are awesome because they have an F1 team, when they're not making shitty ads that ruin hockey or shitty ads that play to the most mawkish Canadian nationalism imaginable.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on June 19, 2009, 06:26:42 PM
That doesn't stop them from making shitty ads about how their cars are awesome because they have an F1 team, when they're not making shitty ads that ruin hockey or shitty ads that play to the most mawkish Canadian nationalism imaginable.

Fuck Toyota advertising.

Saaaaaaaaaaaaved by zeeeeeeeeeeero!  Saved by zero!  Saved by zero! 

I don't know if they aired this one in Canada, but this looped Youtube video is remarkably similar to what a viewer experienced during commercial breaks during a football game (during all commercial breaks on all channels, it seemed) in the US:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be5Xy66cwD0

:bleeding:

Neil

That never happened in Canada.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on June 19, 2009, 06:43:18 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 19, 2009, 06:26:42 PM

Fuck Toyota advertising.

Saaaaaaaaaaaaved by zeeeeeeeeeeero!  Saved by zero!  Saved by zero! 

I don't know if they aired this one in Canada, but this looped Youtube video is remarkably similar to what a viewer experienced during commercial breaks during a football game (during all commercial breaks on all channels, it seemed) in the US:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be5Xy66cwD0

:bleeding:

I was impervious to that ad campaign, as I actually like the Fixx.

My current ad hatred is the Frosty Posse.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive