First Week of June Languish London Meet MEGATHREAD

Started by lustindarkness, April 01, 2015, 10:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Yeah what the hell. Cant you take an extra day or two of vacation? Call in sick.

Admiral Yi

Or how about a weekend Syt? Overnight train in and back?

Not that often you get to meet a real live Rican.

Martinus

Lusti's itinerary seems to be weird as he seems to be leaving on Saturday. I will probably fly in on Friday and leave on Sunday. Any hotels you guys plan to stay in?

The one near Trafalgar Square we stayed in during the last London meet was nice and reasonably priced.

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 02, 2015, 10:05:21 AM
Or how about a weekend Syt? Overnight train in and back?

Not that often you get to meet a real live Rican.

I've played soccer and baseball with Ricans, traded NFL cards with them and played on the NES. And we had Puerto Rican neighbors once. :P

I will see what I can do, but no promises, as first week of the month has my reporting deadlines.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

capturedfairy

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on April 02, 2015, 10:33:39 AM
I've played soccer and baseball with Ricans, traded NFL cards with them and played on the NES. And we had Puerto Rican neighbors once. :P

Well OK then.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Martinus on April 02, 2015, 10:08:55 AM
Lusti's itinerary seems to be weird as he seems to be leaving on Saturday. I will probably fly in on Friday and leave on Sunday. Any hotels you guys plan to stay in?

The one near Trafalgar Square we stayed in during the last London meet was nice and reasonably priced.

Thats the Strand palace hotel, which happens to be the one that Lusti and CF are staying at.

Richard Hakluyt

I expect I'll stay with relatives near Finsbury Park. It has been stressed to me that I should use their place even if they don't get to benefit from my company, which is very kind of them.

lustindarkness

We fly out 11:35 Saturday 6th. I need to get back home in time for work on Monday am :(.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 02, 2015, 10:49:22 AM

Thats the Strand palace hotel, which happens to be the one that Lusti and CF are staying at.

Coincidentally(?) that's also where I was staying the last time I saw Marti.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

lustindarkness

Quote from: garbon on April 02, 2015, 11:19:51 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 02, 2015, 10:49:22 AM

Coincidentally(?) that's also where I was staying the last time I saw Marti.

Maybe we can ask them to change their name to The Languish Hotel? :D

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

capturedfairy

I chose it because you guys recommended it....

ok so Eurostar.... is the a big difference between a standard seat and a premium??

lustindarkness

Quote from: capturedfairy on April 02, 2015, 02:11:00 PM
I chose it because you guys recommended it....

ok so Eurostar.... is the a big difference between a standard seat and a premium??

http://www.eurostar.com/us-en/travel-info/on-board/eurostar-seating-map

cramped or more cramped?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

capturedfairy

ok so i have a Beatles fan at home, so i would like to cross abbey rd if possible. Also i do not want to miss the british museum, (its free), im guessing buckingham palace and westminster abbey??? Tower of London? what else?? Im afraid of heights but Lusti says i can't miss the London Eye  :rolleyes:

Richard Hakluyt

One of my favourites is going to the top of St Pauls. Best done on a good day of course so that you can enjoy the view after all the work.

http://www.planetware.com/london/st-pauls-cathedral-eng-l-spal.htm