Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Brazen

Quote from: lustindarkness on April 02, 2015, 02:39:46 PM
Quote from: capturedfairy on April 02, 2015, 02:11:00 PM
I chose it because you guys recommended it....

ok so Eurostar.... is the a big difference between a standard seat and a premium??

http://www.eurostar.com/us-en/travel-info/on-board/eurostar-seating-map

cramped or more cramped?
More room, food and drinj is included and served at your seat. I travelled Business Premier once and it was champagne all the way!

Martinus

Hey guys, so is this meet still on?

Turns out I will be in Athens for a quasi-business trip until morning of Thursday, June the 4th which also happens to be a public holiday in Poland (it is Corpus Christi). So with Friday being a part of the long weekend in Poland, I could try taking a direct flight from Athens to London on Thursday (arriving some time in late afternoon) and stay until Saturday afternoon if people are around to spend time together.

Duque de Bragança

Might show up in Paris after all, but not in London. Can't be in both.

Martinus

Lusti, whatever you do, don't get dragged to some place in the middle of nowhere where Portuguese immigrants play boulles and drink beer bought off a truck.

lustindarkness

Cool, we'll be there, and are willing to meet up whoever we can. Don't miss out in the oportunity of a lifetime! Meet real life Ricans! And we won't steal your stuff! We promise!  :D

Is boules the one where you roll a big heavy ball or something? :unsure:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Duque de Bragança

Middle of nowhere being near the former NATO HQ, itself not far away from the current Russian Embassy :)

Boulles (sic actually Boules) is pétanque. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A9tanque

As for stealing stuff, there's competition with the gypsies, though not near the former NATO HQ.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: lustindarkness on April 20, 2015, 09:30:17 AM
Is boules the one where you roll a big heavy ball or something? :unsure:

Euro horse shoes.  Fun game.

Don't play for big money.

lustindarkness

That looks cool. Can I throw the ball at other people? That would make it more fun.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Syt

Marshal Pétanque was the leader of Vichy France, wasn't he? :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Syt on April 20, 2015, 10:10:26 AM
Marshal Pétanque was the leader of Vichy France, wasn't he? :P

That myth is a load of boules Syt  :P

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.