McDonald’s all day breakfast is coming. This is NOT a drill

Started by garbon, March 31, 2015, 04:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 01, 2015, 03:55:12 PM
It's not a good idea to eat while handling ammo. Especially reloading mags that you just fired from.

I have ate in the middle of firefights. Low intensity firefights, of course.
But I got your drift. It was a matter of speaking.
Reload first, then eat.
Priorities of work.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on April 01, 2015, 03:36:36 PM

You have to understand Siege, he has a job, he's not like you and me living off the government dime.

I wake up every day at 0430, Im at work at 0530 for the daily stupid meeting and accountability, after 0630 first formation, I go and do my two hour work out. At 0830 I go and shower and breakfast. At 0930 regular work/train to 1130. Lunch 1130 to 1300, then work/train to 1700.
This is a regular day. A range day, at 0930 we move to the range, no organized breaks, eat when you can while reloading ammo, keep training to about1600, then move back to the Company.

If I can fucking do it he can.
[/quote]

I mean a real job.  Your job is to work out.  People expect him to do real work, you know, making money and stuff.  If he doesn't do his job well, he could lose it.  If you don't do your job well, then Cal has to pay more in taxes to figure out why you can't do you job properly. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on April 01, 2015, 04:00:19 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 01, 2015, 03:47:21 PM
I will go with you part way.  I think it ties into another piece I heard on the CBC that scientists are beginning to think there is a link between a lack of exposure to the sun and the explosion of near sightedness.  The thought had been that it has been caused by people staring at screens for so long each day but apparently they have controlled for that variable and they have concluded kids just don't get outside enough. ie they just don't get enough physical activity.

Are there kids who don't like going outside?  If there is daylight my kids insist on playing outside as much as possible.

I know, weird right.

http://www.nature.com/news/the-myopia-boom-1.17120

derspiess

I'm very nearsighted but it runs in my family a few generations.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on April 01, 2015, 04:31:49 PM

You would seem to be amongst the small percentage of the population for whom it is genetic.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Exercise is good for your health in general, but the idea that you have to exercise to lose weight is highly disastrous for society's waistline.  It makes people think it's harder to lose weight than it really is, so they don't even try (for long).  It is more than sufficient for most people to merely eat properly, or more accurately to not eat improperly.  Just cut 80% of the sugary shit out of your diet.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 01, 2015, 04:31:49 PM

That explains quite a bit actually.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Admiral Yi

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on April 01, 2015, 04:48:49 PM
Exercise is good for your health in general, but the idea that you have to exercise to lose weight is highly disastrous for society's waistline.  It makes people think it's harder to lose weight than it really is, so they don't even try (for long).  It is more than sufficient for most people to merely eat properly, or more accurately to not eat improperly.  Just cut 80% of the sugary shit out of your diet.
You don't have to exercise to lose weight, but I think it's highly advisable to exercise if you are trying to lose weight anyway.  Why?  Because if you burn calories it will help you lose weight faster and also if you're building muscle, your muscles need more energy which will compound things.  Also, I think most people find it fun (sometimes much to their surprise) and it's better to have fun doing physical stuff than watching TV.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on April 01, 2015, 05:28:56 PM
You don't have to exercise to lose weight, but I think it's highly advisable to exercise if you are trying to lose weight anyway.  Why?  Because if you burn calories it will help you lose weight faster and also if you're building muscle, your muscles need more energy which will compound things.  Also, I think most people find it fun (sometimes much to their surprise) and it's better to have fun doing physical stuff than watching TV.

I agree that exercising while attempting to lose weight is a very good idea (hell, it's a good idea to exercise when you are not) ... but the "heavy lifting" of weight loss ( ;)) should, for most folks, be watching what you eat. Most people simply cannot reliably exercise enough to meaningfully lose weight doing it.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on April 01, 2015, 05:34:47 PM
Quote from: Caliga on April 01, 2015, 05:28:56 PM

I agree that exercising while attempting to lose weight is a very good idea (hell, it's a good idea to exercise when you are not) ... but the "heavy lifting" of weight loss ( ;)) should, for most folks, be watching what you eat. Most people simply cannot reliably exercise enough to meaningfully lose weight doing it.

Also I think that people fool themselves into thinking that they can eat more because they are exercising.  But it takes a lot more exercise than they think to burn the extra calories.

Caliga

That's why it's good to run on a treadmill that tells you how many calories you've burned (even though I concede those probably aren't that accurate).  It's kind of eye opening to feel like you've busted your ass for a bit only to look at the display and see you've only burned 200 calories. :D
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points