[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Roslin's visions reveal the following crisis:

Barrister

It had to be a morale check. :bleeding:

I still have no cards.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

You should have seen how disturbing my other vision was...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

JacobL

garbon

:o

I guess I'll be playing all 5 of mine then...

Damn.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

JacobL

Numbers of cards are useless if they are all the wrong kind :smarty:

garbon

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Tamas

SKILL CHECK

FOR:
yellow: 4+2+3
green: 1+2

AGAINST:
red: 2
purple: 2
blue: 1+2

TOTAL: 12-7=5 FAIL

So close to salvation, but yet so far, as the plebs tear each other apart in growing fear of cylon agents... The fleet disbands, and the ships will be hunted down one by one as humanity meets a sad end.

This means a victory for the Berkut-grumbler-Marty team. Congrats!

I am glad how close the endgame was. And I think that garbon made the good call with this crisis. The other was a massive Cylon fleet attack which of course would not have progressed the jump counter, but also would have presented a lot of new problems to burn cards on, not to mention to simply forcing him to discard 3 cards. So despite this unlucky end result (both Destiny cards were against the check), he made the right choice.

Thank you all for the game! Now I need my gaming table for other stuff, so won't expect a second one for a month or two. I might gather the willpower to cyberboardize it, then we can play sooner, or better yet, someone else could GM and I could actually play. I will seek info and interest on the subject at the boardgamegeek I think.

katmai

Quote from: Tamas on August 19, 2009, 03:08:38 AM

This means a victory for the Berkut-grumbler-Marty team. Congrats!

truly the axis of evil.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

JacobL

Batch of useless low value pilot cards <_<   FIVE red cards and NONE were 3 value or higher <_<

garbon

Good game guys, that was fun. I'd been highly skeptical at first.

Barrister

Interesting game, though I'm not quite sure how much I liked it.

Clearly the secret cylon dynamic was exciting.  Those first few turns were quite interesting, always wondering who was on what side.  On the other side the game lost some of its flavour near the end when the sides were all known.

I think it would play better FTF.  On almost every single crisis we needed to have several rounds of conversation to co-ordinate our card play.  That always dragged things out in online play.

Its a very random game.  As a human there was no opportunity for long-term strategy - we were always putting out fires.  Thats good (the game was never over until it was over) and bad.

The Cylons - did you guys feel like there was enough to do once you were revealed?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.