News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JacobL

ok

Go to hanger and repair 2 vipers then if you are out of the psych ward.

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on August 15, 2009, 10:10:39 AM
He fails, then in a fits of rage admits of being a Cylon, and is promptly dumped out of an airlock, just to resurrect on the Resurrection Ship.

This can only end well.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on August 15, 2009, 03:54:10 PM
Why did Marty wait so long?
Excellent question.  The humans would have lost long ago had Marti just taken his lumps and started hurling morale crises at them.  Still, we can win if we can just zap a couple of morale points - and now, each revealed Cylon has a super-crisis to hurl.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on August 15, 2009, 07:41:42 PM
Excellent question.  The humans would have lost long ago had Marti just taken his lumps and started hurling morale crises at them.  Still, we can win if we can just zap a couple of morale points - and now, each revealed Cylon has a super-crisis to hurl.

Yeah exactly. I'm not sure why he waited until we were one jump away from winning. It isn't like we've been taking it easy. :lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on August 15, 2009, 09:15:21 PM
Yeah exactly. I'm not sure why he waited until we were one jump away from winning. It isn't like we've been taking it easy. :lol:
Indeed. I think the human players should be happy to be where they are.  You have an excellent chance to win the game, despite the deck being stacked against you.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on August 15, 2009, 03:54:10 PM
Umm, Jacob are you doing that because you think I'm in the sickbay? Despite Tamas's sig, I'm actually at the FTL control, where I've been since I pushed forward the last jump.
Actually, an XO is almost never a bad move.

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on August 16, 2009, 12:01:01 AM
Actually, an XO is almost never a bad move.

I think it is only useful in a situation where someone doesn't need to move and then can take advantage of two actions (like the case when Berkut had originally XO'd me before revealing his toaster nature) or when someone is stuck in sickbay.

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on August 15, 2009, 11:59:55 PM
Indeed. I think the human players should be happy to be where they are.  You have an excellent chance to win the game, despite the deck being stacked against you.

Yeah, we've felt rather hopeless most of the game (starting with your defection*) and yet we actually still have a smidgen of a chance. Thanks, Baltar. What a wonderful VP you were. :)

*which even though you were originally a cylon ;) I'd still say that it behooves the humans to lose half of some resource prior to distance=4 to prevent an additional cylon

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on August 16, 2009, 12:11:39 AM
*which even though you were originally a cylon ;) I'd still say that it behooves the humans to lose half of some resource prior to distance=4 to prevent an additional cylon
I am thinking this is true (having played two games since we started this one) even though it is counter-intuitive.

And, now that it does not matter, I was not a Cylon from the start.  The card I gave Berkut was a phony. I only became a Cylon with the last draw - as I suspect is true of Berkut, since you saw his card earlier.

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on August 16, 2009, 01:18:02 AM
I am thinking this is true (having played two games since we started this one) even though it is counter-intuitive.
Yeah which almost leads me to saying poor game design...players shouldn't be encouraged to do counter-intuitive things.

Quote from: grumbler on August 16, 2009, 01:18:02 AM
And, now that it does not matter, I was not a Cylon from the start.  The card I gave Berkut was a phony. I only became a Cylon with the last draw - as I suspect is true of Berkut, since you saw his card earlier.
Eww, so we were quite unlucky at distance = 4.

Tamas

Okay, 2 Raptors are repaired, but the constantly present water shortage is still causing serious trouble. By all chance, the military will have no choice but to attempt forcing civilians to labor on nearby ice asteroids:

JacobL

:bleeding:

Another possible morale hit?  Well we HAVE to try and pass it.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

How exactly are we going to pass that? I don't think we have the cards for such an endeavor.