News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How far right are you?

Started by Josquius, March 14, 2015, 03:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

On a scale of 1 to 10, how far right would you place yourself?

4 (7.1%)
4 (7.1%)
9 (16.1%)
8 (14.3%)
8 (14.3%)
7 (12.5%)
9 (16.1%)
3 (5.4%)
1 (1.8%)
3 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Berkut on March 25, 2015, 09:42:59 AM
You, for example, are completely lacking in actual principles. I've never once seen you call out your own party for violating it's own principles.

Seeb is a bad target for this critique, since a big part of his schtick is blasting quote unquote RINOs for not being conservative enough.

Berkut

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 25, 2015, 09:58:54 AM
You, for example, are completely lacking in actual principles. I've never once seen you call out your own party for violating it's own principles.

Seeb is a bad target for this critique, since a big part of his schtick is blasting quote unquote RINOs for not being conservative enough.

Not being radical enough doesn't count as "calling out your own party" in the context of what I am talking about...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on March 24, 2015, 09:02:02 PM
I see, so you are arguing that if he had said "to an American, June is typically a warm month" then he would be saying that the definition of June is "a warm month."  The word "definition" is used weirdly by you Canadians (and no, I am not defining "weird people" as "Canadians")!  :lol:

No

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 25, 2015, 09:49:47 AM
To me a moderate is a guy who voted for Cruz and then regretted it.  Like Valmy.

He said he was a 'common sense' Conservative :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

And hammer the 'establishment' for selling out. He is an ideologue more than a partisan I think.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on March 25, 2015, 10:54:23 AM
Quote from: derspiess on March 25, 2015, 09:49:47 AM
To me a moderate is a guy who voted for Cruz and then regretted it.  Like Valmy.

He said he was a 'common sense' Conservative :(

He is a politician and his lips were moving....

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on March 25, 2015, 10:55:05 AM

And hammer the 'establishment' for selling out. He is an ideologue more than a partisan I think.

Partisan in this sense is not allegiance to the members of the party, but rather to the concept of the party. The most typical complaint about this type of partisanship from the rank and file is almost always that their representatives are not nearlly as batshit insane as they are, and sometimes that even rises to the level of demanding that the insufficiently pure be purged (see Tea Party today and the rejection of Blue Dog Dems several years ago).

So siege demanding that the political reps of his party be even more dogmatically narrow minded doesn't run contrary to my point.

If he was truly ideologically principled, he would be willing to call out his party when not only are they not batshit crazy enough for him, but even when they are simply wrong and the Dems are right, like the entire Benghazi abortion, for example.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DontSayBanana

Am I the only one who finds it interesting that, even as small as this place is, the self-reporting's taken on a pretty neat bell curve?
Experience bij!

Ideologue

The self-reporting is inaccurate.  The other 1s are neoliberals.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Habbaku

Quote from: DontSayBanana on March 25, 2015, 12:32:17 PM
Am I the only one who finds it interesting that, even as small as this place is, the self-reporting's taken on a pretty neat bell curve?

Yes.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

That pattern looks more like a suspension bridge than a bell.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 25, 2015, 12:47:37 PM
That pattern looks more like a suspension bridge than a bell.

I think "bell curve" doesn't mean the same to the math-ignorant as it does to the math-savvy.  The pattern here is not at all a bell curve.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Siege

Quote from: Siege on March 24, 2015, 03:59:13 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 23, 2015, 04:08:57 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 23, 2015, 02:08:25 PM
It works both ways.  It seems a lot of Americans view themselves as more moderate then I would have guessed.

To an American, a moderate is typically someone who supports candidates from both parties. To many foreigners, a moderate is someone who wouldn't dream of voting Republican.

To me a moderate is guy without principles that flip flop at the drop of a coin. Like Berkut.

Which is kind of funny, since my over-riding theme throughout my time at Languish has been to point out that the partisan's don't actually have principles at all, beyond "my tribe".

It is, in fact, the complete lack of actual principles that is, so far as I can tell, required to be a Party member that means I can never really embrace either party truly.

I do. I called out Arik Sharon for giving away Gaza, Mitt Romney for being just another democrat, Bibi Netanyahu for not expelling all the arabs, George W Bush for not fixing the mexican wall, George H Bush for raising taxes, Ronaldus Magnus Reaganus for having an anti-semite like James Baker in his administration, etc.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"