News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How far right are you?

Started by Josquius, March 14, 2015, 03:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

On a scale of 1 to 10, how far right would you place yourself?

4 (7.1%)
4 (7.1%)
9 (16.1%)
8 (14.3%)
8 (14.3%)
7 (12.5%)
9 (16.1%)
3 (5.4%)
1 (1.8%)
3 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Admiral Yi

Ideologue

I'm going out.  You people are exhausting.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

I can light him on fire.  That's like slapping.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on March 23, 2015, 01:33:13 PM

Why are you so criminal?
Ide deserve an slap, not to be burnt to death. Come on.

crazy canuck

Interesting results that I would not have predicted.  I would have thought the responses would have skewed more right than left.

Siege

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 23, 2015, 01:40:23 PM
Interesting results that I would not have predicted.  I would have thought the responses would have skewed more right than left.

Why? Most people here are lefties.
There are not many far gone lefties, but most people are left of center.

Even Berkut is lefty these days.
The traitor...

derspiess

I would have expected more of a leftward skew than these results show.  Seems like most of the Languish ire is directed rightward, anyway.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on March 23, 2015, 01:42:11 PM
Why? Most people here are lefties.
There are not many far gone lefties, but most people are left of center.

Even Berkut is lefty these days.
The traitor...

You have to understand that to Canadians and Euros we are all right wing Americans. People have left the board for that reason.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 23, 2015, 01:43:24 PM

I would have expected more of a leftward skew than these results show.  Seems like most of the Languish ire is directed rightward, anyway.

I don't know what you are talking about I have zero ire for you.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

KRonn

Quote from: derspiess on March 23, 2015, 01:43:24 PM

Yeah, I also would have expected more of a leftward result on the poll. I think maybe some of the topics discussed are more like outliers that people have stronger opinions on, while probably many of us would agree on so much else. 

crazy canuck

It works both ways.  It seems a lot of Americans view themselves as more moderate then I would have guessed. 

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on March 23, 2015, 01:37:36 PM

Why are you so criminal?

Ide wishes to be lit of fire.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on March 23, 2015, 04:02:42 PM
Quote from: Siege on March 23, 2015, 01:37:36 PM

Why are you so criminal?

Ide wishes to be lit of fire.

After all, "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!"   ;)

- Terry Pratchett
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 23, 2015, 02:08:25 PM
It works both ways.  It seems a lot of Americans view themselves as more moderate then I would have guessed.

To an American, a moderate is typically someone who supports candidates from both parties. To many foreigners, a moderate is someone who wouldn't dream of voting Republican.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?