News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How far right are you?

Started by Josquius, March 14, 2015, 03:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

On a scale of 1 to 10, how far right would you place yourself?

4 (7.1%)
4 (7.1%)
9 (16.1%)
8 (14.3%)
8 (14.3%)
7 (12.5%)
9 (16.1%)
3 (5.4%)
1 (1.8%)
3 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on March 24, 2015, 08:28:57 AM
That's bullshit and you know it, Raz :angry:

SHUT THE FUCK UP, GOPTARD
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Malthus on March 24, 2015, 08:55:06 AM

I'm outraged that you said this. :angry:

And thus another phony moderate is exposed as a disgusting fake moderate!  We will drive all you fake moderates from our ranks or die trying!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

dps

Nah, he's right.  Some people will get worked up over anything. 

I would agree with the general idea that political extremists get overwrought about anything relating to their political views, but outrage isn't limited to political extremists.  Look at Timmay--he's not an extremist politically, but almost every news article he posts shocks or outrages or disgusts him.

derspiess

Okay now THAT pissed me off :ultra:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Capetan Mihali

I'm so far left, I've come back around on the right.  It's the syndicalist in me.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Siege

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 23, 2015, 04:08:57 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 23, 2015, 02:08:25 PM
It works both ways.  It seems a lot of Americans view themselves as more moderate then I would have guessed.

To an American, a moderate is typically someone who supports candidates from both parties. To many foreigners, a moderate is someone who wouldn't dream of voting Republican.

To me a moderate is guy without principles that flip flop at the drop of a coin. Like Berkut.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 24, 2015, 04:06:21 PM
Quote from: Siege on March 24, 2015, 03:59:13 PM
To me a moderate is guy without principles that flip flop at the drop of a coin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOJ6J_nylLo

It I'm baffled that people vote for this guy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 24, 2015, 04:06:21 PM
To me a moderate is guy without principles that flip flop at the drop of a coin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOJ6J_nylLo
:pinch:

I don't see Siege as a supporter of a scumbag like Bibi, though.  Maybe someone to the right of Bibi, but not Bibi himself.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

It works both ways.  It seems a lot of Americans view themselves as more moderate then I would have guessed.

To an American, a moderate is typically someone who supports candidates from both parties. To many foreigners, a moderate is someone who wouldn't dream of voting Republican.

To me a moderate is guy without principles that flip flop at the drop of a coin. Like Berkut.

You know what I find weird? People who call flip-flops thongs. That's just asking for trouble.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 23, 2015, 05:40:52 PM
Quote from: grumbler on March 23, 2015, 05:17:33 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 23, 2015, 04:46:40 PM

Hypothetically if both parties are far right what does that do to your definition?
:huh:  He didn't give a definition for anything.

I see, he merely stated his view of what the word moderate means to an American and what the word means to many foreigners.  No, not a definition.  More like a description of meaning.

I see, so you are arguing that if he had said "to an American, June is typically a warm month" then he would be saying that the definition of June is "a warm month."  The word "definition" is used weirdly by you Canadians (and no, I am not defining "weird people" as "Canadians")!  :lol:

Bayraktar!

derspiess

Quote from: The Brain on March 24, 2015, 05:44:25 PM
You know what I find weird? People who call flip-flops thongs. That's just asking for trouble.

Still pockets of those people that have not gotten the memo.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

Which is kind of funny, since my over-riding theme throughout my time at Languish has been to point out that the partisan's don't actually have principles at all, beyond "my tribe".

It is, in fact, the complete lack of actual principles that is, so far as I can tell, required to be a Party member that means I can never really embrace either party truly.

You, for example, are completely lacking in actual principles. I've never once seen you call out your own party for violating it's own principles.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Really? Berkut is your big example there?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

To me a moderate is a guy who voted for Cruz and then regretted it.  Like Valmy.

:D