Do we still have any members in San Francisco?

Started by Caliga, January 29, 2015, 07:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Caliga

No, but I did see some shady looking individuals.  At one point I was riding a cable car back down to the wharf and I saw a Chinese guy walk up to a totally unmarked door on a side street, look over his shoulder both ways, unlock it, and dart in. :hmm:

I also saw the hospital Bruce Lee was born in. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

I haven't wasted enough money yet, so off to Pier 39 I go. :bowler:

Caliga

Well that was an odd experience.

I got me a Giants jacket, so now I can walk around in Chinatown and be totally inconspicuous.  One the way back I was looking for someplace to eat dinner and I happened to pass a Jack in the Box.  Now, I've been to California many times but this is the first time I've been near one at a meal time and, given the chain's long and storied history on Languish I had no choice but to patronize it. :cool:

So I go in and... the place is completely deserted.  I don't mean that there's just no other customers there, but there is LITERALLY nobody in the building at all.  I'm like "uhhhh ok" and wait around for a minute or so, and just as I'm about to leave I hear a noise behind me and turn around.  Apparently there was a homeless guy hiding or sleeping under a table near the door and he's slowly rising up to his feet like a zombie dancer out of the fucking Thriller video.  I'm like "oh shit" and reach for my waistband but remember that I can't carry in this liberal weenie state so I try to think of which kempo works best for beating up homeless people.

As is on cue I hear "Can I help you?" from behind me and I turn around and a guy is there behind the counter, ready to take my order.  I order a Jumbo Jack and when he starts to ask "For here or..." I cut him off and quickly say "To go!"  I guess he saw me looking at the homeless guy because then he says "Oh that's Jesus, he's always here.  He's not any trouble, don't worry."

Then when I went to fill up my drink, I happened to look over my shoulder and... Jesus was gone!

I think something supernatural happened at Jack in the Box tonight but I'm not sure what. :hmm:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on March 10, 2015, 09:28:17 PM
I'm like "oh shit" and reach for my waistband but remember that I can't carry in this liberal weenie state

Would've dropped it into the deep fryer anyway.  MAH FRIES

Caliga

Tonitrus

Barrister

Does anyone out there have the pics from the '04 Vegas KAPapalooza trip where we visited JIB just to flash "FU Jaron" signs?

As I think about it, Tricky Dick is the only Languishite still with us who was there... :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

If it's any consolation, Siege has posted a number of "FU Jaron" pics.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Had Burmese food for the first time today at a place here... met up with a friend from high school who lives in Palo Alto now.  The food was good.  We had a tea leaf salad with nuts and sesame seeds and some kind of vinegary-soy dressing, and then a bowl of soup with beans, lentils, and busted up samosas in it.

I think I like Indian better but Burmese is definitely worth trying.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 10, 2015, 11:10:10 PM
If it's any consolation, Siege has posted a number of "FU Jaron" pics.

FU Jaron from the warzone was pretty cool actually.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Saw a bunch of weirdos riding bikes around in the nude today (looked like it was some kind of club).  Some of the chicks had nice tits.  :cool:

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on March 14, 2015, 06:01:00 PM
Saw a bunch of weirdos riding bikes around in the nude today (looked like it was some kind of club).  Some of the chicks had nice tits.  :cool:

Nude cyclists, yuck, accidents waiting to happen on So many levels.  :moon:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Caliga

Most of the bicyclists were old men with beards.  :)