Do we still have any members in San Francisco?

Started by Caliga, January 29, 2015, 07:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jacob

Quote from: Caliga on March 06, 2015, 07:24:02 PM
Donald Trump is one of my personal heroes, so yes, yes it is.

Cool. Did you see that documentary about what it's like to be an heir/heiress to a multi-millionaire fortune? His daughter was in it, she seemed sweet if a little naive (though she was a teen at the time, so it makes sense).

Trump hotels... are they expensive and luxurious? Is that the thing?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Oh and... what made Trump a personal hero to you?

Caliga

Quote from: Jacob on March 06, 2015, 07:29:26 PM
Couple of reasons.  He's an icon in the American real estate industry which is the industry that I'm in, and even though he's repeatedly gone bankrupt he manages to bounce back over and over.  On top of that, he's a hilarious troll (see: constant threats to run for President, The Apprentice, involvement with pro wrestling, etc.)  He's also, behind his fake public persona,  pretty philanthropic.  When I lived in Boston the medical center I worked at used to use his club in Palm Beach, the Mar-A-Lago, to host charity events.  I never met him but my boss did on numerous occasions and she said in "real life" he's surprisingly chill and funny.

Caliga

Quote from: Jacob on March 06, 2015, 07:28:40 PM
Cool. Did you see that documentary about what it's like to be an heir/heiress to a multi-millionaire fortune? His daughter was in it, she seemed sweet if a little naive (though she was a teen at the time, so it makes sense).
Nope.  Which daughter, Ivanka?
Trump hotels... are they expensive and luxurious? Is that the thing?
I dunno about all of them but that one is five stars, so that one is at least.  In general I stay at Hiltons just to rack up all of the Hilton points (like when I had to go to Pennsylvania for my grandfather's funeral, hotel was free after I burned through some).  The main reason I stayed at the Trump this week was because our travel coordinator lady at work negotiated an insanely steep corporate rate there in January... it's the same price as the Westin next to my office now. :wacko:

Jacob

Quote from: Caliga on March 06, 2015, 07:42:06 PM
Quote from: Jacob on March 06, 2015, 07:29:26 PM
Couple of reasons.  He's an icon in the American real estate industry which is the industry that I'm in, and even though he's repeatedly gone bankrupt he manages to bounce back over and over.  On top of that, he's a hilarious troll (see: constant threats to run for President, The Apprentice, involvement with pro wrestling, etc.)  He's also, behind his fake public persona,  pretty philanthropic.  When I lived in Boston the medical center I worked at used to use his club in Palm Beach, the Mar-A-Lago, to host charity events.  I never met him but my boss did on numerous occasions and she said in "real life" he's surprisingly chill and funny.

That's cool.

I guess it'd be a stretch for him to live up to his public persona in private; it does seem larger than life.

Valmy

The brutal murderer of the USFL.  Cursed be his name.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Quote from: Caliga on March 06, 2015, 07:42:06 PMHe's an icon in the American real estate industry which is the industry that I'm in.

Weren't you in the HR business?

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on March 06, 2015, 08:20:04 PM

:lol:

Caliga

Quote from: The Larch on March 06, 2015, 08:22:15 PM
Quote from: Caliga on March 06, 2015, 07:42:06 PMHe's an icon in the American real estate industry which is the industry that I'm in.

Weren't you in the HR business?
Yes, but that was then and this is now. :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on March 06, 2015, 08:20:04 PM

:lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on March 06, 2015, 08:25:04 PM

No wonder you hire people that say "cunt" in an interview.