Objectivisation of women - discrimination or men just being pigs?

Started by Martinus, January 28, 2015, 01:18:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Caliga on January 29, 2015, 07:33:49 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 29, 2015, 06:34:29 PM
Scratch lottery tickets are better.
I went to a wedding where they gave those out.  It seemed like a ridiculously cheesy idea to me.

It's a joke Cal.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on January 29, 2015, 07:51:06 PM
Quote from: Caliga on January 29, 2015, 07:33:49 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 29, 2015, 06:34:29 PM
Scratch lottery tickets are better.
I went to a wedding where they gave those out.  It seemed like a ridiculously cheesy idea to me.

It's a joke Cal.

I actually gave those out one Christmas when I didn't have a lot of money. My uncle won 50 bucks!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on January 29, 2015, 09:39:35 PM
I actually gave those out one Christmas when I didn't have a lot of money. My uncle won 50 bucks!

My mother gives those out as stocking stuffers.  In related news, she seems to be the only one that ever wins.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 29, 2015, 06:07:15 PM
Although it was always nice to be posting the occasional appeal bail in a circuit court somewhere, and chance upon somebody getting married right there at the counter in the clerk's office.  Usually senior citizens, but not always.  That was always kind of sweet. 

When we eloped we got hitched at the good old Cecil County courthouse in Elkton.  Then we had our church wedding in Argentina 7 months later.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on January 30, 2015, 10:04:09 AM
When we eloped we got hitched at the good old Cecil County courthouse in Elkton.  Then we had our church wedding in Argentina 7 months later.
Isn't Elkton famous for quickie weddings? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

When we eloped we got hitched at the good old Cecil County courthouse in Elkton.

lol, good times.

CountDeMoney

Caliga

My mom's dad's family are all from Cecil County. :)  Mostly from Rising Sun and thereabouts.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on January 30, 2015, 10:17:32 AM
Isn't Elkton famous for quickie weddings? :hmm:

It was quicker than Delaware, IIRC.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on January 30, 2015, 10:58:46 AM
My mom's dad's family are all from Cecil County. :)  Mostly from Rising Sun and thereabouts.

My first married chick lived in Rising Sun.  That was one hell of a drive, but there was a fantastic piece of ass at the end of it. 

Caliga

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on January 30, 2015, 11:12:36 AM
Driving for ass? :hmm:

Not all of us have convenient public transportation. When you arent near NYC, how do you travel?