Objectivisation of women - discrimination or men just being pigs?

Started by Martinus, January 28, 2015, 01:18:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 28, 2015, 10:10:23 PM
I like the bits with Jennifer Aniston in Horrible Bosses.

I'm hard pressed to like any scene with Jennifer Aniston. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Every episode? I dunno about that.

For instance, finding out that Phoebe had bullied Ross as a child and they forgot about it was kind of a  :rolleyes: plot.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Siege

After the technological singularity we will not have sexes or hormones, so none of this will matter.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Tonitrus

Quote from: Siege on January 29, 2015, 10:11:27 AM
After the technological singularity we will not have sexes or hormones, so none of this will matter.

The technological singularity sounds mega boring.

Eddie Teach

If you're so keen on this singularity, why don't you prepare for it by cutting off your "honeybread"?

Caliga

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 29, 2015, 02:29:43 PM

It sounds kind of like Judgment Day, in fact.
  One time my mother in law was like:
"I just can't wait to die and be reunited with the Lord in Heaven!"

ME:  "What do you think you'll be doing all day up there?"

HER:  "Praising Jesus!"

Personally I'd rather go to Hell. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

It's a lot like judgement day.  It's some silly techno-rapture.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on January 29, 2015, 02:34:55 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on January 29, 2015, 02:29:43 PM

It sounds kind of like Judgment Day, in fact.
  One time my mother in law was like:
"I just can't wait to die and be reunited with the Lord in Heaven!"

ME:  "What do you think you'll be doing all day up there?"

HER:  "Praising Jesus!"

Personally I'd rather go to Hell. :hmm:

Back at Religion class at my Jesuit high school somehow the topic of Heaven came up.  The lay teacher explained that in his opinion heaven would be a lot like a wedding feast - good food, some dancing and music, all with friends and family you don't ever get to spend enough time with.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on January 29, 2015, 02:56:28 PM
Back at Religion class at my Jesuit high school somehow the topic of Heaven came up.  The lay teacher explained that in his opinion heaven would be a lot like a wedding feast - good food, some dancing and music, all with friends and family you don't ever get to spend enough time with.
That actually sounds pretty cool.  Sitting around screaming "PRAISE JEEBUS!" and chestbeating is a whole different ballgame. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

I only was to two weddings. Both were as a kid and I thought they were horrid.

I hope hell is more like a nightclub.

derspiess

Weddings can be awesome or terrible.  My brother's wedding so so terrible I was embarrassed for him and his wife even though they didn't have sense enough to be embarrassed for themselves.  I apologized to all my friends who made the trip.

My wedding however was pretty epic.  Nice short ceremony, great food, plenty of wine, and I made my first and last singing performance with a live band (song was La Bamba and I nailed it).  Party lasted til sun-up the next morning.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall