Main Menu

11 dead in French satirical magazine shooting

Started by Brazen, January 07, 2015, 06:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: mongers on January 07, 2015, 06:56:05 PM
Quote from: Jacob on January 07, 2015, 06:54:35 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 07, 2015, 06:33:39 PM
Exec.Sum - Canadian lawyers defended the indefensible, Garbon was doing his thing with fine distinctions, Marty was the sole of reason and Viking Vikinged for all a raiding party was worth; Languish at it's best.  :cool:

What's been defended that's indefensible?

A joke exec.sum for Money, hence stuff like Marty being the sole of reason.  :)

:lol:  :mad:  :blush:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 07, 2015, 06:14:44 PM
I skipped the last several pages.  Did Martinus go all lone gunman on religion and heterosexuals or something?

He tackled the shooters.

QuoteI'm sure I mentioned this back when it happened, about 10 years ago

Perhaps, but your narrative is lost to the world like The Diary of a Young Raccoon.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grallon

Quote from: Viking on January 07, 2015, 05:33:44 PM

There are way to many people here...

Poor Viking, this isn't about stupidity - since most of the members here aren't stupid; they're merely caught up in the zeitgeist of the place, which itself is simply a by-product of the narrative that has been dominant in the West for far too long.

-----

- Consider that the 'leading lights' here are lawyers or wanna-be lawyers, with all the quirks their training has drilled into them as they matured; and you will understand that bad faith,  arguing about commas and finessing around arguments are mandatory reflexes...

- Consider that most of them are of Anglo-Saxon origins; which means they've stewed in, throughout their individual lives, and are saturated by,  a complex sentiment of superiority born of their ancestors' accomplishments yet laced with the guilt bred from the same sources; with the last great war being a constant reminder...  Then you will understand why their blinders go up automatically when certain topics are broached, and how impervious they suddenly become to certain points of view...

- Consider the 'multikulti' slop they've been raised to lap greedily at since the cradle;

- Consider the individual idiosyncrasies each of them are contending with, suppressing them at times yet expressing them at others;

- Consider human nature that constantly pressures all of us into conforming to the general movements the *herd* is taking at any given time;

- Consider finally how this new medium flattens personalities, turning human beings into one-dimensional caricatures...

Then and only then you will understand why you Viking are viewed, here, as nothing but a cranky obsessive relative whose opinion can be scoffed at and dismissed as unimportant; and why I am seen as gleefully, 'glee-fucking-fully', rejoicing at the death of journalists, and nothing but a psycho slavering for blood; something they can blissfully distance themselves from while going on with the circle-jerk of good sentiments...

You and I disturb the mental landscape these hypocritical maggots have cozily crafted with this place; trying to shore-up the narrow world-view that is crumbling around their ears.  It is quite amazing how predictable they all are when you stop to think about it.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

CountDeMoney

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

As I was saying...

One can always count on Garbon to show up like the poodle he so resembles, daintily sniffing the air to discover where the wind blows, before yapping while preening himself.

:yucky:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on January 07, 2015, 09:47:02 PM
As I was saying...

One can always count on Garbon to show up like the poodle he so resembles, daintily sniffing the air to discover where the wind blows, before yapping while preening himself.

:yucky:

G.

A poodle? Can't I at least be something fun (though an outdated trend) like a pug? :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 07, 2015, 09:48:47 PM
Quote from: Grallon on January 07, 2015, 09:06:40 PM
- Consider that the 'leading lights' here are lawyers

I am flattered.  Truly flattered.

Flattery developed in Canada no less.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

Poor Viking, this isn't about stupidity - since most of the members here aren't stupid; they're merely caught up in the zeitgeist of the place, which itself is simply a by-product of the narrative that has been dominant in the West for far too long.

-----

- Consider that the 'leading lights' here are lawyers or wanna-be lawyers, with all the quirks their training has drilled into them as they matured; and you will understand that bad faith,  arguing about commas and finessing around arguments are mandatory reflexes...

- Consider that most of them are of Anglo-Saxon origins; which means they've stewed in, throughout their individual lives, and are saturated by,  a complex sentiment of superiority born of their ancestors' accomplishments yet laced with the guilt bred from the same sources; with the last great war being a constant reminder...  Then you will understand why their blinders go up automatically when certain topics are broached, and how impervious they suddenly become to certain points of view...

- Consider the 'multikulti' slop they've been raised to lap greedily at since the cradle;

- Consider the individual idiosyncrasies each of them are contending with, suppressing them at times yet expressing them at others;

- Consider human nature that constantly pressures all of us into conforming to the general movements the *herd* is taking at any given time;

- Consider finally how this new medium flattens personalities, turning human beings into one-dimensional caricatures...

Then and only then you will understand why you Viking are viewed, here, as nothing but a cranky obsessive relative whose opinion can be scoffed at and dismissed as unimportant; and why I am seen as gleefully, 'glee-fucking-fully', rejoicing at the death of journalists, and nothing but a psycho slavering for blood; something they can blissfully distance themselves from while going on with the circle-jerk of good sentiments...

You and I disturb the mental landscape these hypocritical maggots have cozily crafted with this place; trying to shore-up the narrow world-view that is crumbling around their ears.  It is quite amazing how predictable they all are when you stop to think about it.

G.

Grallon, that was one of the best posts on this forum in some time (seriously).  :bowler:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Drakken

-----

G.

Sérieux, man...

11B4V

Quote from: Viking on January 07, 2015, 05:33:44 PM

There are way to many people here...

-----

G.
What?  :huh:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Quote from: Jacob on January 07, 2015, 05:53:39 PM
Quote from: Martinus on January 07, 2015, 05:52:30 PMThen we have to agree to disagree. To me, critical thinking is one of the cornerstones of the Western civilisation.

I think that's the disconnect. Not everyone equates "critical thinking" with "disrespect."

Indeed, it's rather the opposite, actually.  "Critical thinking" implies that one approach an idea as free as humanly possible from pre-conceived notions.  Approaching an idea with "disrespect"  that you have a preconceived negative view of it.