News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

11 dead in French satirical magazine shooting

Started by Brazen, January 07, 2015, 06:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 07, 2015, 06:14:44 PM
I skipped the last several pages.  Did Martinus go all lone gunman on religion and heterosexuals or something?

Exec.Sum - Canadian lawyers defended the indefensible, Garbon was doing his thing with fine distinctions, Marty was the sole of reason and Viking Vikinged for all a raiding party was worth; Languish at it's best.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Heard on CNN that the terrorists read out the names of the CH staff before they were killed.  So pretty personal.

crazy canuck

Quote from: mongers on January 07, 2015, 06:33:39 PM
I skipped the last several pages.  Did Martinus go all lone gunman on religion and heterosexuals or something?

Exec.Sum - Canadian lawyers defended the indefensible, Garbon was doing his thing with fine distinctions, Marty was the sole of reason and Viking Vikinged for all a raiding party was worth; Languish at it's best.  :cool:

What thread have you been reading  :huh:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 07, 2015, 06:36:15 PM
Heard on CNN that the terrorists read out the names of the CH staff before they were killed.  So pretty personal.

Well informed and well organised, I'd say. CH staff is pretty famous in France.

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 07, 2015, 06:36:31 PM

Ah, that explains it, Canadian lawyers where reading a different thread to this one. :cheers:

mongers

crazy canuck

Quote from: mongers on January 07, 2015, 06:40:08 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on January 07, 2015, 06:36:31 PM

Ah, that explains it, Canadian lawyers where reading a different thread to this one. :cheers:

Seriously though.  What indefensible position have Malthus, BB or I taken?

Jacob

What's been defended that's indefensible?

Liep

According to NBC 1 suspect is shot dead and 2 are arrested.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Jacob

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on January 07, 2015, 09:44:07 AM
Quote from: HVC on January 07, 2015, 09:38:48 AM
Quote from: Martinus on January 07, 2015, 09:34:56 AM
Wow, you are really stupid.
hes not comparing boycotting to murder, he's questioning the sincerity of your belief in what you quoted.
Not really. Again, first of all Voltaire's words were aimed at protecting someone from state prosecution. So that's that.

I do think however that it is sensible to expand this principle to protecting someone from violence - and other illegal actions - by persons who are not associated with the state.

I do not think that it is sensible to expand this principle so far as to argue that this should grant someone effective immunity of all negative social consequences of saying disagreeable things.
Unless those disagressable things are said by a gay, about gayness.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on January 07, 2015, 06:54:35 PM

What's been defended that's indefensible?

A joke exec.sum for Money, hence stuff like Marty being the sole of reason.  :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Liep on January 07, 2015, 06:54:48 PM
According to NBC 1 suspect is shot dead and 2 are arrested.

The fucked up way they finished off the cop was one way to ensure you won't be taken alive by the gendarmes, even if you wanted.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 07, 2015, 12:55:50 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 07, 2015, 09:15:08 AM
I've had a lunatic hold a knife to my throat and threaten to kill me.

This should have its own thread.
I'm sure I mentioned this back when it happened, about 10 years ago
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point