News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

11 dead in French satirical magazine shooting

Started by Brazen, January 07, 2015, 06:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Quote from: Habbaku on February 17, 2015, 09:23:29 PM
:huh: That's not even close to what he's criticizing about your sentence.

If one man is a devout Muslim cursing kuffars about their ungodly ways yet otherwise doing nothing about it, and his neighbor is another devout Muslim cursing kuffars about their ungodly ways that also decapitates/shoots/strangles/blows them (off) *because* of their ungodly ways, then obviously the difference between both is one of means and thus one of degrees...

To me both of them seem equally suspicious and dangerous...  But don't let that infringe on your little comfy mindscape you imbecile!  <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Habbaku

:lol:  Yes, insulting me for pointing out your strawman (or lack of comprehension, not sure which) is bound to convince me.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grallon

Quote from: Habbaku on February 17, 2015, 09:52:31 PM
Yes, insulting me for pointing out your strawman (or lack of comprehension, not sure which) is bound to convince me.

Rest assured that I am not trying to convince anyone here about anything since I know it's entirely pointless; I've already written about the 'zeitgeist' of the place, which, as I've demonstrated, has nothing to do with logic or rationality.

Muslims are all guilty, through actions or omissions, it makes no difference.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Razgovory

Hey, you shared a movie that you thought demonstrated salient points with us once.  Was the name of the film "Zeitgeist"?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grallon on February 17, 2015, 10:04:27 PM
Rest assured that I am not trying to convince anyone here about anything since I know it's entirely pointless; I've already written about the 'zeitgeist' of the place, which, as I've demonstrated, has nothing to do with logic or rationality.

Yes, this place is a hotbed of Islamopologism.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 17, 2015, 10:38:08 PM
Quote from: Grallon on February 17, 2015, 10:04:27 PM

Yes, this place is a hotbed of Islamopologism.

Just look at my avatar!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

alfred russel

Quote from: Martinus on February 08, 2015, 02:21:11 PM
Meanwhile in Germany:

http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/German-Judge-Torching-of-Synagogue-not-motivated-by-anti-Semitism-390294

I can never make it through a Jerusalem Post article. Knowing the comment section is just a few scrolls away--it is hard to ready the article without looking down to see the massive trainwreck.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: Grallon on February 17, 2015, 07:59:15 PM
If I was one of those mythical moderate Muslims, I'd seriously begin to worry that my 'brand' was forever associated with death, destruction, murder, rape, terrorism... and start being concerned about the massive ill will rapidly accruing everywhere with each demonstration of such barbarity...

But perhaps they all have faith that Islam will triumph in the end, absolving them all of their crimes?

Nah they are pretty worried about it.  And the counter is denouncing these guys as 'not true Muslims' which is the same strategy Christians and others use in these kinds of scenarios.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on February 17, 2015, 07:31:29 PM

QuoteReuters / Monday, February 16, 2015

A carnival float with a papier-mache caricature drives past revelers during the traditional Rose Monday carnival parade in Duesseldorf, Germany February 16, 2015. The words read: "You can't kill satire." REUTERS/Ina Fassbender

Well, that's better. I read one pro-Charlie Hebdo Carnival float was censored in Cologne, home of one the biggest German carnivals. For security reasons officially, of course.

http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/gesellschaft/koeln-koelner-karneval-stoppt-charlie-hebdo-wagen-a-1015583.html

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.