News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

11 dead in French satirical magazine shooting

Started by Brazen, January 07, 2015, 06:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/paris-bans-filming-of-action-movies-in-wake-of-charlie-hebdo-attacks-10026471.html

QuoteParis bans filming of action movies in wake of Charlie Hebdo attacks

Restrictions have been placed on filming action movies in Paris following the recent terrorist attacks.

Police officials have revealed fears that "actors in uniform could be targets for terrorists" in the wake of the attack on satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo which left 20 dead including three gunmen.

The French capital has long been a favourite for filmmakers. But police chase scenes through the city, such as the one outside the Louvre featured in Luc Besson's Lucy, could now be a thing of the past.

"There's a problem with these action-type scenes, as the actors in uniform could be targets for terrorists," Sylvie Barnaud, the police official who grants outside filming permission in Paris, told The Associated Press.

"Also, the actors could pose confusion for the general public - during this highly sensitive period."

Scenes featuring religious sites or schools are also banned under the emergency security plans.

Several productions have already been disrupted, including one called Flics Tout Simplement, which translates as "Simply Cops", which was supposed to include a scene with police outside a school.

"Yes, we were meant to film this scene. But it wasn't allowed. Of course, we have to respect the new rules, and we changed the production plan," said film director Stephan Guillemet.

Sylvie Barnaud said she did not know how long the restrictions would be in place.

William Trillaud, set fixer for the movie Lucy which stars Scarlett Johansson, said: "Had Luc Besson wanted to film this now, it would be impossible."

Action movies filmed partly in Paris include the Bourne Identity, Taken, The Edge of Tomorrow starring Emily Blunt and Tom Cruise, Ronin and the Da Vinci Code.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Siege

France needs some new blood.
Luc Besson is getting old.
He was cool back when he was nailing Brooke Shields. I guess she was his "inspiration".

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Martinus

QuoteFrench soldiers wounded in Nice Jewish centre attack

Is there another, Nasty Jewish centre, too?

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on February 05, 2015, 11:08:10 AM

Ah, a mongers-like post. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

For $12,000 I'll draw just about any picture you want

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/paris-magazine-attack/iran-group-launches-12-000-contest-cartoons-deny-holocaust-n300626

QuoteIran Group Launches $12,000 Contest for Cartoons That Deny Holocaust

TEHRAN — A global cartoon competition based on the theme of Holocaust denial was launched in Iran Thursday in response to the Charlie Hebdo magazine cover that featured a caricature of the Prophet Muhammad, the official news agency Fars reported.

Organized by Tehran-based House of Cartoons and the Sarcheshmeh Cultural Complex, the contest sets out questions for entrants to address in their artwork, including: "If the West says that freedom of speech has no borders then why don't they let historians and experts properly research the Holocaust?" and "Why should the Palestinian people pay for the Holocaust?"

All cartoons must be submitted by April Fools' Day because "April 1 is the day of big lies, and the Holocaust is a big lie that the Zionists invented to suppress the Palestinians," said Masoud Shojaei-Tabatabaii, head of House of Cartoons and one of the competition's organizers.

Holocaust denial is common in certain quarters Iran - most notably by former President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - and for some lawmakers it is appears to be almost an oath of allegiance. However, both President Hassan Rouhani and foreign ministers Mohammad Javad Zarif have publicly rejected Holocaust denial.

It is the second such competition of its kind. In 2006, there were violent protests outside the Danish embassy in Tehran in response to a Danish newspaper depicting the Prophet Muhammad. In response, Iran launched its first holocaust denial cartoon contest and a holocaust denial conference that was attended by American ex-Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke and many neo-Nazis.

Fars said the winner will receive a cash prize of $12,000, the runner-up $8,000 and third place $5,000.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on February 05, 2015, 11:08:10 AM

Damn you Marty!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 05, 2015, 12:12:55 PM
Quote"Why should the Palestinian people pay for the Holocaust?"

The Palestinian people are paying for losing a war.  People act like the West went over and gave the Jews something.  We merely approved what had already been done, which we also did in many other fait accomplis.

I hear this a lot from African-American nationalist types 'we suffered more than the Jews and we were never given a state'.  Whatever.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on February 05, 2015, 12:50:08 PM
I hear this a lot from African-American nationalist types 'we suffered more than the Jews and we were never given a state'.  Whatever.

The hell they weren't.  We gave them Liberia; problem was most of them didn't want it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Siege

Quote from: derspiess on February 05, 2015, 01:06:30 PM

The hell they weren't.  We gave them Liberia; problem was most of them didn't want it.

And the people that went there are way worst of than the people that stayed in the "racist" USA.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on February 05, 2015, 01:06:30 PM

LOL, "We".

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

How is derspiess an 18th century Quaker abolitionist group?

garbon

Admiral Yi

I thought the establishment of Liberia and the transfer of ex-slaves was an act of US policy.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 05, 2015, 01:21:11 PM
I thought the establishment of Liberia and the transfer of ex-slaves was an act of US policy.

Well you'd be wrong.