News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So, what happened to ebola?

Started by Martinus, January 03, 2015, 04:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: Norgy on January 06, 2015, 05:02:13 PM
Did Martinus cure ebola, or have I missed something? Something about Canada?

Thread summation:  Timmay sucks, Marti sucks, the news media sucks, and Canada sucks but did cure Ebola.  However, the US bought the cure from them and probably won't let anybody else use it.

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on January 06, 2015, 04:31:22 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 06, 2015, 04:28:46 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 05, 2015, 12:30:51 PM
Put it this way- if the vaccine was developed in the US, I wouldn't feel the need to mention that every time I brought it up.  :P

Weird.  Every time I talk on the telephone I say 'hello thank for using this American invented form of communication'.

As well you should.  Remind people we didn't *just* invent torture and racism.  We developed some good stuff as well.

What has America ever done for us?

alfred russel

Quote from: alfred russel on January 06, 2015, 04:58:47 PM
Put it this way- if the vaccine was developed in the US, I wouldn't feel the need to mention that every time I brought it up.  :P

Weird.  Every time I talk on the telephone I say 'hello, thanks for using this American invented form of communication'.

Also, we invented the missionary position.

Aren't you people bunch of cinephiles? No one got the reference?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 06, 2015, 05:00:13 PM
sbr just deleted it halfway though your sentence and emailed you back, asking you what you want.

^_^

Norgy

Quote from: Martinus on January 07, 2015, 04:22:47 AM

Weird.  Every time I talk on the telephone I say 'hello thank for using this American invented form of communication'.

As well you should.  Remind people we didn't *just* invent torture and racism.  We developed some good stuff as well.

The aquaducts?

alfred russel

Quote from: Norgy on January 07, 2015, 10:34:50 AM

The aquaducts?

Nah, that was the Romans. Along with sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Eddie Teach

Steamships. Light bulbs. The airplane. Microwave ovens.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 07, 2015, 12:30:37 PM
Steamships. Light bulbs. The airplane. Microwave ovens.

Nuclear warfare too, but the world seems rather ungrateful on that score.

Eddie Teach

We may have given Japan a couple bombs, but the secrets of how to make more were taken from us.  :mad:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Because of us you have Reagan (developed in the US) statues in Poland!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

495 health care workers have lost their lives, a devastating loss, that will cripple the areas health care system for many years to come.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola-virus-outbreak/ebola-kills-nearly-500-health-care-workers-n281801
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Also fewer people to take care of, which mitigates that loss a little.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 07, 2015, 08:12:33 PM

--derspiess, Sr VP, Public Relations
  Dead Nigger Storage, Inc.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 07, 2015, 09:19:45 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 07, 2015, 08:12:33 PM

--derspiess, Sr VP, Public Relations
  Dead Nigger Storage, Inc.

He always sees the "silver" lining.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.