News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

European Islamophobia

Started by Sheilbh, January 02, 2015, 07:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Legbiter on January 09, 2015, 01:12:35 PM
Now that the Islamoids are dead we can go back to pretending they're fringe outliers and go back to fighting Islamophobia.

Yep.  Pretty sure that killed off the last of them.  Nothing else to see here.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Now that the Islamoids are dead we can go back to pretending they're fringe outliers and go back to fighting Islamophobia.

Sadly, the end result of this will be Marine Le Pen and Nigel Farage winning elections. The problem of islamisation is a complex one and one requiring measured response, that takes into account our values. But because none of the mainstream parties acknowledges it even exists, people will end up voting for populists.

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on January 09, 2015, 01:11:55 PM
Well, if I were British, I'd want Poles out too. The only reason I support Poland's membership in the EU is because it drags Poland, kicking and screaming, into Western civilisation. If I were a part of a nation already firmly entrenched in the Western civilisation, I would want these antisemitic Catholic troglodytes out.

Polish women are kind of hot, though.  So there's that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on January 09, 2015, 01:14:47 PM
Quote from: Martinus on January 09, 2015, 01:11:55 PM
Well, if I were British, I'd want Poles out too. The only reason I support Poland's membership in the EU is because it drags Poland, kicking and screaming, into Western civilisation. If I were a part of a nation already firmly entrenched in the Western civilisation, I would want these antisemitic Catholic troglodytes out.

As you can imagine that would not weigh heavily on my opinion either. :P

derspiess

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on January 09, 2015, 01:15:44 PM

You would if you were a hetero Brit :contract:

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on January 09, 2015, 01:19:14 PM
Quote from: Martinus on January 09, 2015, 01:15:44 PM

You would if you were a hetero Brit :contract:

I can imagine myself being a Brit. I can't imagine myself being hetero. :P

CountDeMoney

A guy I worked with once had a Polish wife.  Very high maintenance, and not in the cool way.  Couldn't screw in a light bulb.

Jacob

If only there were some fearless heroes ready and willing to remind us of the existential threat we are facing, and able to prescribe reasonable actions society could take to counter it :(

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 09, 2015, 01:20:25 PM

A guy I worked with once had a Polish wife.  Very high maintenance, and not in the cool way.  Couldn't screw in a light bulb.

Maybe she wasn't small enough to fit inside the light bulb?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on January 09, 2015, 01:14:42 PM
Sadly, the end result of this will be Marine Le Pen and Nigel Farage winning elections. The problem of islamisation is a complex one and one requiring measured response, that takes into account our values. But because none of the mainstream parties acknowledges it even exists, people will end up voting for populists.
This is nonsense. It's exactly the same as the UKIP voter saying 'none of the mainstream parties talk about immigration' or Tamas' 'none of the mainstream parties talk about welfare'. They do. Quite a lot. We used to have Tony Blair as Prime Minister for Christ's sake. They're not necessarily saying what you want but they're hardly ignoring the issue.

Nigel Farage won't win elections, they'll be lucky to get ten seats. Le Pen is more worrying in my view because it's a Presidential vote not 650 little elections. Her most likely opponent, from what I understand, is Sarko who is hardly averse to right-wing populism.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on January 09, 2015, 01:20:14 PM
Luckily the two rarely really collide :P
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

I want to know why Malthus hates Muslims and French-speakers.  Even I'm not that bad.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 09, 2015, 01:20:25 PM

Most importantly, how did she look?

derspiess

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 09, 2015, 01:22:08 PM
Quote from: Martinus on January 09, 2015, 01:20:14 PM
Luckily the two rarely really collide :P

:lol: