News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2015

Started by Maladict, December 28, 2014, 02:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Excellent.  Keep it up.  I know it is hard now but eventually you will come to enjoy it.

celedhring

I sort of enjoyed it, despite the aches. After 5 years of couch-potatoing and a cerebral job, it's sort of liberating to exercise. I'm actually looking forward to this.

Plus the chicks at the gym are hot.

Caliga

Quote from: celedhring on January 27, 2015, 04:17:15 PM
Joined a gym this week; I'm hurting on places I didn't know that could hurt.

I'm determined to really improve my fitness though, I've got to the point where my back problems (which I have had since I was young) are getting worse due to my weight, and now that I'm nearing my late 30s I need to start taking care of myself.
:thumbsup:

Since I started going regularly about eight months ago I've noticed a big difference both in the way I look (mostly upper body) and feel.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Liep

I was planning a trip to the forest today, but it's so freaking cold. If the mud starts freezing it's no fun any more. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on January 31, 2015, 05:27:11 AM
I was planning a trip to the forest today, but it's so freaking cold. If the mud starts freezing it's no fun any more. :(

Yeah I'm not going anywhere special today either, biting cold wind, though above freezing, just.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Did a quick 14 miles, much of it off-road, late this afternoon to do some shopping.

Didn't find that tiring, what did leave left me exhausted was getting waylaid by someone in the hot supermarket foray for like 20-25 minutes, I couldn't get away from them, they even followed me back outside to continue the conversation as I was packing the bike.  <_<

Legbiter

Today was deadlift day. As I'm getting ready to do my last set they start blasting Nickleback on the sound system.  :yucky: Now that I think about it, Nickleback, Justin Bieber, Celine Dion, Rufus Wainwright, Avril Lavigne, most of the worst things in the world come from Canada.  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Eddie Teach

This is how they remind you who you really are.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Liep

I'm thinking about buying this bike for some off road/frozen ground/ice/snow action.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on February 09, 2015, 07:25:56 AM
I'm thinking about buying this bike for some off road/frozen ground/ice/snow action.

:cool:

How would that perform with more mundane off-road?

Liep

It's suppose to be quite excellent at handling roots and mud as well. And if there's one thing Danish forests has it's roots and mud. :cool:

I'll be trying it out tomorrow so I'll see what I can throw at it.

mongers

Quote from: Liep on February 09, 2015, 08:18:19 AM
It's suppose to be quite excellent at handling roots and mud as well. And if there's one thing Danish forests has it's roots and mud. :cool:

I'll be trying it out tomorrow so I'll see what I can throw at it.

Yeah roots and mud is a nasty combination.

Have fun.  :)

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Legbiter on February 07, 2015, 08:43:37 AM
Today was deadlift day. As I'm getting ready to do my last set they start blasting Nickleback on the sound system.  :yucky: Now that I think about it, Nickleback, Justin Bieber, Celine Dion, Rufus Wainwright, Avril Lavigne, most of the worst things in the world come from Canada.  :hmm:

Technically, Rufus Wainwright came out of New York. :P

Also, every gym day is deadlift day.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Anyway, I'm back to lifting again.  I decided to screw waiting for my eczema to clear up and bought a pair of full-fingered lifting gloves.  Saturday was only my third session since my arm surgery last March, and kicked my quads' ass despite the weights being in "wuss" territory:

Squat: 3 x 5 x 65lb
Press: 3 x 5 x 60lb
Deadlift: 1 x 5 x 135lb

My quads are still sore, so I probably won't up the squat and deadlift weights today.  It will be interesting to see where my bench has fallen to after all this time.