News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2015

Started by Maladict, December 28, 2014, 02:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Found thread on top of page 4.  :hmm:

Blew some cobwebs out of this system today, popped out and did 64km in the late afternoon, road and off-road, some of which was rather muddy, plus 28mm tyres in all the sand on the seafront made for some interesting handling.

Tomorrow I need to get out in the early evening and do a fair chunk or at least a fast/furious 15 miles, just to see how much today has affected me and how low my fitness as got over winter.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

My new bike has 4 inch tyres, you should try that. Quite fun.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on February 25, 2015, 03:19:31 PM
My new bike has 4 inch tyres, you should try that. Quite fun.

:cool:

I can imagine they would, but must weigh a Kilo each?  :P

Liep

1650g. :o

They don't feel heavy though, unless they're on asphalt.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on February 25, 2015, 03:35:09 PM
1650g. :o

They don't feel heavy though, unless they're on asphalt.

:D

I went through some still warm, slightly wet tarmac today, luckily the sandy promenade was next on the route.

Liep

Went out today in sunny 5 degrees, the trail was wrecked though after 3-4 days of constant rain. Didn't matter much with my new tyres and we just ploughed through it all. Much fun, until I had an encounter with a slippery log hidden under some smaller pine branches.

Got me some pretty red markings on the left leg now.

mongers

Quote from: Liep on February 26, 2015, 09:51:29 AM
Went out today in sunny 5 degrees, the trail was wrecked though after 3-4 days of constant rain. Didn't matter much with my new tyres and we just ploughed through it all. Much fun, until I had an encounter with a slippery log hidden under some smaller pine branches.

Got me some pretty red markings on the left leg now.

Sounds like excellent fun, save for the slight mishap.

edit:
Just been looking at new bike reviews.  :blush:

Caliga

Had a physical yesterday morning.

Vitals:

blood pressure 110/64
pulse 77
SpO2 97%

I appear to be shrinking though as she measured my height and insisted it was 5' 11". :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on February 28, 2015, 07:30:36 AM
Had a physical yesterday morning.

Vitals:

blood pressure 110/64
pulse 77
SpO2 97%

I appear to be shrinking though as she measured my height and insisted it was 5' 11". :huh:

Was the room cold?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Forgot to mention she also measured that and wondered aloud "Is this a human or an elephant?"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on February 28, 2015, 07:35:34 AM
Forgot to mention she also measured that and wondered aloud "Is this a human or an elephant?"

So wrinkly?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

In a small victory for myself, today I was able to complete my first set of free squats without falling on my arse.

mongers

Quote from: celedhring on February 28, 2015, 10:26:45 AM
In a small victory for myself, today I was able to complete my first set of free squats without falling on my arse.

And excellent use of arse.  :bowler:

Caliga

I just did 35 minutes on the treadmill at 3.5 mph and 4.0 incline (though I gradually bumped the incline down as I went). :)