News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2015

Started by Maladict, December 28, 2014, 02:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Ugh, sprinted the last of my route and now I'm coughing like I smoked a pack of cigarettes in five hours.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Brazen

I ran in the pissing rain with no jacket or hat an lunch-time. I couldn't have got wetter if Hugh Jackman had ripped his shirt off with his Wolverine claws in front of me. I must have crossed the path of at least 50 other runners too, all equally inappropriately dressed, so I wasn't the only lunatic out there.

alfred russel

Quote from: Brazen on January 06, 2015, 11:51:00 AM
I couldn't have got wetter if Hugh Jackman had ripped his shirt off with his Wolverine claws in front of me.

:lol:

I wouldn't have gone out in that sort of weather.  :blush:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Liep

Quote from: Zanza on January 06, 2015, 09:33:56 AM
Ran my first 10k in the year and needed 57 minutes. That's pretty good for me for January. :)

I would struggle to even get to 10k in January. Actually, I should try it, I haven't done any running or cycling yet. :blush:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

So I popped out on Sunday to visit a friend, little flat 19 miles round trip along quite country lanes; I was huffing and puffing a bit, to say the least.  :(

So got home, did a bit of math, turns out I'd only done just 40 miles over the preceeding two week holiday period. Who knew you could loose fitness that much, that fast.   <_<

Still feeling it 2 days later, I suspect it'll be like starting again from scratch.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Bumping this for no other reason than it's falling fast down the index and it's only day 7 of a new year; come on guys do something or at the very least post some insincere targets for the year.  :(

Liep

Quote from: mongers on January 07, 2015, 06:46:28 PM
Bumping this for no other reason than it's falling fast down the index and it's only day 7 of a new year; come on guys do something or at the very least post some insincere targets for the year.  :(

My target is to run a half marathon in under two hours before the year is over.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

alfred russel

Quote from: Liep on January 07, 2015, 06:50:00 PM

It seems like this is a common theme.  :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Ideologue

My target is to weigh 165, or at least have a body fat percentage of oh, let's say, 12%.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Brazen

Quote from: alfred russel on January 07, 2015, 10:26:44 PM
Quote from: Liep on January 07, 2015, 06:50:00 PM

It seems like this is a common theme.  :)
I'm aiming for three hours in May :blush:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ideologue on January 08, 2015, 05:47:39 AM
My target is to weigh 165, or at least have a body fat percentage of oh, let's say, 12%.

I was 165 in grade 9

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 09, 2015, 03:54:03 PM

I was 165 in grade 9

Well that's about as meaningful as Ide's target; I don't understand using weight or body fat as the major objective.  Seems like a recipe for failure, rather as most diet are doomed for fail.

He'd be better off just concentrating on a half-marathon time or a training for a death walk up Mt.Mackinly* with AR.  :D

*no idea how that's spelt or even if it's actually in the US rather than BB's territory.

alfred russel

Quote from: mongers on January 09, 2015, 04:03:04 PM

I was 165 in grade 9

Well that's about as meaningful as Ide's target; I don't understand using weight or body fat as the major objective.  Seems like a recipe for failure, rather as most diet are doomed for fail.

He'd be better off just concentrating on a half-marathon time or a training for a death walk up Mt.Mackinly* with AR.  :D

*no idea how that's spelt or even if it's actually in the US rather than BB's territory.

I had an extended discussion with Ide on this topic, and I have your point of view, but he found it to be naive and idealistic.

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on January 09, 2015, 04:53:16 PM

I was 165 in grade 9

I had an extended discussion with Ide on this topic, and I have your point of view, but he found it to be naive and idealistic.

Well mountains seem like a very worthy challenge to might; we really only have Munroes here, but they're generally especially wet even for Britain.

Barrister

I was 165 in grade 9

So you typed out the long disclaimer instead of, you know, googling it...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Mt.Mackinly

In the spirit of the thread, I've signed up to do a 5 day backpacking trip with my brother this summer.  I'll definitely need to start training for this.  I figure I'll start running again when the weather turns remotely hospitable, so March-April.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.