News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2015

Started by Maladict, December 28, 2014, 02:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Liep on February 09, 2015, 07:25:56 AM
I'm thinking about buying this bike for some off road/frozen ground/ice/snow action.

Wow, that was fun. Roots no longer represent a challenge but an opportunity.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on February 10, 2015, 10:16:35 AM
Quote from: Liep on February 09, 2015, 07:25:56 AM
I'm thinking about buying this bike for some off road/frozen ground/ice/snow action.

Wow, that was fun. Roots no longer represent a challenge but an opportunity.

:cool:

Good to have the right tool for the job.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Someone talked me into playing in a charity basketball event in a couple of months, so I went for a run last night.  This is going to take some work to be able to get to the point of actually running up and down the court and be able to do something at either end.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Goes in search of the fitness thread ....... ........ .......
...... ......

edit:
Not on page 1 obvious.

...... ....... ........

edit:
Not on page 2.

...... ...... .......

edit:
Found it, mid way down page 3, but it has been a somewhat slow weekend.

alfred russel

Because it is freezing here, I'm about to try a 12 mile run on a treadmill.  :homestar:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Man a thread with an update five days ago was already down on page 3?  And they say Languish is dying.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on February 15, 2015, 04:48:40 PM
Because it is freezing here, I'm about to try a 12 mile run on a treadmill.  :homestar:

+1.

But, man that has to be boring, hasn't it?

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on February 15, 2015, 04:49:50 PM
Man a thread with an update five days ago was already down on page 3?  And they say Languish is dying.

Tims back in the USA and been spamming a bit if you'd not noticed.  :D

alfred russel

Quote from: mongers on February 15, 2015, 04:50:22 PM

+1.

Yes. Unless there are cute girls in the gym using equipment that I can see from the treadmill. I usually don't run so far on a treamill, but even when I do on shorter runs, and a cute girl walks in the gym, I'm like "hooray", and then she picks a machine directly in front of the treadmill so I can't see her, and I'm like "NOOOOO! You can't do this to me!"
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on February 15, 2015, 04:49:50 PM

Top of page 2. Mongers must have little bitty pages.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on February 15, 2015, 04:58:04 PM
Quote from: mongers on February 15, 2015, 04:50:22 PM

+1.

Yes. Unless there are cute girls in the gym using equipment that I can see from the treadmill. I usually don't run so far on a treamill, but even when I do on shorter runs, and a cute girl walks in the gym, I'm like "hooray", and then she picks a machine directly in front of the treadmill so I can't see her, and I'm like "NOOOOO! You can't do this to me!"

:(

In comparison I was quite lucky, popped out late in the day and did 25 miles on my single speed shopping bike; got a way onto the off-road part of the downs, called it a day as the sun was setting, so time to turn back home.

Good conditions still above 45F when I got back in the dark, didn't see any pretty girls, just a few country/horsey types, very little traffic, just the one car overtook me in the last 12 miles.

Beggingin to feeling a little more optimistic about my fitness as that was a doddle, and I've done about 60 miles on that bike in the last 48 hours.

alfred russel

I got in 10.6 and then they closed the gym. Sunday night is a good night for the ladies at the gym.  :)

I got in 30 miles this week. This is only the second or so week this year I've hit 30 miles.

My plan at the start of the year was 35-40 miles a week in January, 40-45 in February, and 45-50 in March, which should put me in striking distance of a marathon with a solid time. Unfortunately, I'm rather catastrophically failing in my goals (though in fairness working as an accountant / the job I do is not conducive to getting in lots of mileage in January/February).

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on February 15, 2015, 08:38:00 PM
I got in 10.6 and then they closed the gym. Sunday night is a good night for the ladies at the gym.  :)

I got in 30 miles this week. This is only the second or so week this year I've hit 30 miles.

My plan at the start of the year was 35-40 miles a week in January, 40-45 in February, and 45-50 in March, which should put me in striking distance of a marathon with a solid time. Unfortunately, I'm rather catastrophically failing in my goals (though in fairness working as an accountant / the job I do is not conducive to getting in lots of mileage in January/February).

Though saying that, I did see one young women when out, jogging towards me on the downs, pert bouncy assets, but I didn't take much notice as 20something women do see awfully young to my eyes.

alfred russel

Quote from: mongers on February 15, 2015, 10:12:23 PM

Though saying that, I did see one young women when out, jogging towards me on the downs, pert bouncy assets, but I didn't take much notice as 20something women do see awfully young to my eyes.

Not to me.  :P

There is a very long trail that I usually do my long runs on. Sometimes, way off in the distance, I see a lady running, and I have a great goal to catch up to her. Sometimes I catch up to her only to realize that maybe the she looked better from far away.  :P But then I am obligated to pass on by and keep running faster than her, because I don't want to be the story, "so this guy thought he was a hotshot and ran past me, but then he couldn't hold his pace and I left him in the dust a mile later."

Writing this out I realize that I am a rather sad individual.  :lol: