News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Case of the Missing Wine

Started by OttoVonBismarck, December 12, 2014, 06:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Razgovory on December 14, 2014, 05:36:44 PM
Well, we learned that it is unwise to go near Otto's house.  The fact that his moral compass is broken and that he has open contempt for law is not surprising though.  I remember back during the Iraq war when he argued an act was legal simply by the virtue committed by the President of the US.

Lol no, I think you're confusing me for Richard Nixon in the 1970s.

derspiess

Fredericksburg isn't in Maryland, though.  It's in Vajinyah.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 15, 2014, 11:28:43 AM
Fredericksburg isn't in Maryland, though.  It's in Vajinyah.

Fredericksburgtown.

crazy canuck

What we have learned from this thread is that a lot of Americans here seem to think that if they are inconvenienced they have a lawful right to cheat, lie and steal.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 15, 2014, 03:48:02 PM
What we have learned from this thread is that a lot of Americans here seem to think that if they are inconvenienced they have a lawful right to cheat, lie and steal.

Well you were never the best here as far as reading comprehension. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on December 15, 2014, 03:49:07 PM

By American standards perhaps.  But most everywhere else in the civilized world if one knowingly takes the property of another for their own purpose it is theft or at the very least the tort of conversion.  I suppose its just peachy that some Americans think the statute of limitations is Fex Ex not picking up the package within an arbitrary period selected by the would be thief.

Razgovory

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on December 15, 2014, 09:50:59 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 14, 2014, 05:36:44 PM
Well, we learned that it is unwise to go near Otto's house.  The fact that his moral compass is broken and that he has open contempt for law is not surprising though.  I remember back during the Iraq war when he argued an act was legal simply by the virtue committed by the President of the US.

Lol no, I think you're confusing me for Richard Nixon in the 1970s.

No, this was you in 2005.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 15, 2014, 03:51:48 PM

By American standards perhaps.  But most everywhere else in the civilized world if one knowingly takes the property of another for their own purpose it is theft or at the very least the tort of conversion.  I suppose its just peachy that some Americans think the statute of limitations is Fex Ex not picking up the package within an arbitrary period selected by the would be thief.

Can you count the amount of Americans who have made this claim?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on December 15, 2014, 04:28:58 PM

Yes

CountDeMoney

I once drove off from the McDonald's window with a bag that wasn't my order after I had paid, but a lot better.   I fault McDonald's for not giving me the right bag.

crazy canuck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 15, 2014, 04:46:15 PM
I once drove off from the McDonald's window with a bag that wasn't my order after I had paid, but a lot better.   I fault McDonald's for not giving me the right bag.

At least you didn't lie to anyone afterward. 

MadBurgerMaker

Basically a murderer

dps

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 15, 2014, 04:44:09 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 15, 2014, 04:28:58 PM

Yes

I acknowledge that some Americans here have posted things that would support your view, but others have not, and, without looking back through the thread, I think some of the posts suggesting that what OvB did with the wine was A-OK were by non-Americans.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 15, 2014, 04:50:35 PM

Basically a murderer

Yeah.  A murder...of fries!