Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: dps on December 15, 2014, 04:50:43 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on December 15, 2014, 04:44:09 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 15, 2014, 04:28:58 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on December 15, 2014, 03:51:48 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 15, 2014, 03:49:07 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on December 15, 2014, 03:48:02 PM
What we have learned from this thread is that a lot of Americans here seem to think that if they are inconvenienced they have a lawful right to cheat, lie and steal.

Well you were never the best here as far as reading comprehension. :(

By American standards perhaps.  But most everywhere else in the civilized world if one knowingly takes the property of another for their own purpose it is theft or at the very least the tort of conversion.  I suppose its just peachy that some Americans think the statute of limitations is Fex Ex not picking up the package within an arbitrary period selected by the would be thief.

Can you count the amount of Americans who have made this claim?

Yes

I acknowledge that some Americans here have posted things that would support your view, but others have not, and, without looking back through the thread, I think some of the posts suggesting that what OvB did with the wine was A-OK were by non-Americans.

Fair point.  Languish has attracted a number of people who seem to think theft is ok.

MadBurgerMaker

Probably better to just destroy it all.

crazy canuck

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 15, 2014, 05:19:04 PM

That, at least, would have been more morally defensible than simply stealing it by drinking some and storing the rest then claiming it had all simply vanished.

Better still, he could have just kept it until Fed Ex got things straightened out.   If he really couldn't do that, at the point the owner came by he could have been honest and simply explained his frustration with Fed Ex and offered to buy another case.  But lying about it.  That is reprehensible.

derspiess

I'd have donated it to a homeless shelter.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

But in his rage CC forgot the riddle of wine and left it on the battlefield.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 15, 2014, 05:26:47 PM

That, at least, would have been more morally defensible than simply stealing it by drinking some and storing the rest then claiming it had all simply vanished.

Better still, he could have just kept it until Fed Ex got things straightened out.   If he really couldn't do that, at the point the owner came by he could have been honest and simply explained his frustration with Fed Ex and offered to buy another case.  But lying about it.  That is reprehensible.

It's not really that big of a deal.  Compared to people from countries where they do things like, say, beat baby seals to death, he's pretty much a saint. 

Jacob

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 15, 2014, 05:33:12 PM
It's not really that big of a deal.  Compared to people from countries where they do things like, say, beat baby seals to death, he's pretty much a saint.

Never took you to be a Greenpeace supporter.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Jacob on December 15, 2014, 05:35:38 PM
Never took you to be a Greenpeace supporter.

:( Please stop hitting me  :(

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

Clubbing seals is an honest profession.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

It's not really that big of a deal. 

Yeah, at least he didn't shoot the guy who was looking for his wine in defense of his property rights.  There is so much to be thankful for.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 15, 2014, 05:38:28 PM
Yeah, at least he didn't shoot the guy who was looking for his wine in defense of his property rights.  There is so much to be thankful for.

Good point.  That guy should have thanked Otto for not immediately zapping him right there on the porch.  What a dick. 

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 15, 2014, 05:38:28 PM

It's not really that big of a deal. 

The old dude was white, and therefore not likely to mug him?  Maybe he had a confederate flag pin?
PDH!

frunk

Quote from: Razgovory on December 15, 2014, 05:38:02 PM
Clubbing seals is an honest profession.

It certainly is what it says on the tin.