News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What should I do next week?

Started by alfred russel, November 29, 2014, 08:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: alfred russel on December 01, 2014, 09:15:17 PMYou probably have some ideas that few others have, and would be quite interesting.
Speaking of which, I have a friend who's planning a bit trip to Armenia. I'm very jealous.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tonitrus

Alas, Armenia is deep in the Russo-sphere.  Cannot blame them though, since the alternative is the Turko-sphere.

alfred russel

If you think god cursed the Poles by locating them between the russians and germans, look at the stunt he pulled with the Armenians.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

So a serious question...there is a lady that works for me that is really religious. Like she goes to church 3 days a week and when I catch her reading the internet she is surfing bible passages.

I think it would be very thoughtful of me to bring something back from the holy land for her. What would be a good gift though? I'm not planning on checking luggage, so not something too big. A relic like a piece of the true cross is one idea, but I would probably spontaneously combust if touching such a holy object, so that is probably out.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Ideologue

A county or principality would be nice, and you don't even have to ship that.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

alfred russel

Quote from: Syt on December 02, 2014, 06:15:09 PM
A prayer rug or a kippah.

Those aren't really christian though, right?

Savonarola

Get a cross made of olive wood from the holy land (or rosary if she's Catholic.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

alfred russel

Quote from: Savonarola on December 02, 2014, 06:35:54 PM
Get a cross made of olive wood from the holy land (or rosary if she's Catholic.)

This is a good idea.

Norgy

Have a safe trip, Dorsey4Martyrdom!  :cry:

Barrister

A vial of water from the Sea of Galilee.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

alfred russel

I have a 6 hour layover at heathrow tomorrow am. I absolutely have to go for a run or I'll go insane (no exercise since Tuesday).

Does anyone know if it is it possible to run to Windsor Castle from Heathrow? It is 6.5 miles away and I printed out the walking instructions from Google, but I'm guessing there might be issues running across the M25 or just out of the airport.

Razgovory

And we never hear from him again.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Richard Hakluyt

This seems to be helpful :

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g186338-c170832/London:United-Kingdom:Between.Flights.At.Heathrow.html

From what they say it depends on whether your flight is on time/early and how lucky you are with immigration.