News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What should I do next week?

Started by alfred russel, November 29, 2014, 08:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Why would anyo... you know what nevermind.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

You ever heard of runner's high? Dorsey's a junkie who needs a fix.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on December 06, 2014, 10:25:16 AM
Sitting in heathrow. Going to windsor castle was a dumb idea. The flight was 40 minutes late getting in which obviously wouldnt help, but by the time i changed into running clothes and washed up from the flight and got through security, it was just over 4 hours before my fight left. Factor in an hour to run there, an hour to run back, and that is all the the time i had. Assuming it was my 6.5 miles and not rh,s 12.

Adding to that it costs 24 quid to get in, and i really dont have any interest to see the castle.

Speaking of prices, 5 quid to put my backpack in a locker for up to 2 hours, 10 if more (and even more if for a period longer than a half day). 33 quid if i took mongers suggestion for a run in hyde park.

You get two free stops on buses from heathrow, so i did that and ran wherever 2 stops on the bus got me amongst the minority communities stuck living near heathrow.

Pity it didn't work out for you, though you'd always have been pushed for time.

Hope you enjoyed your run in the West London suburban sprawl, pretty nondescript isn't it?   :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Quote from: alfred russel on December 06, 2014, 10:42:34 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 05, 2014, 06:39:19 PM
I feel sorry for the folks on the plane that is going to have to smell Dorsey after his run.  :(

I have clean clothes, and i brought deodorant for this, but yeah. I have some of those white streak sweat stains, and ive tried to clean up, but there arent paper towels in the bathroom (all the blow dry things).

gross
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Richard Hakluyt

Pretty much the result I expected. Very difficult to have fun with a gap between flights, the time is always too short for anything interesting and often too long to do nothing.

Zanza

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 07, 2014, 07:00:46 AM
Pretty much the result I expected. Very difficult to have fun with a gap between flights, the time is always too short for anything interesting and often too long to do nothing.
I had a eight hour stopover in Helsinki three years ago. I went to the city center and four hours or so is enough to see everything of interest in Helsinki.  :P

Ideologue

I bet there are tons of Slavic hookers near the airport.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Sheilbh

And one unfrequented gigolo dressed as a gecko.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 07, 2014, 01:37:06 PM
Why Slavic in particular?

Because of freedom of movement. What are you, a UKIP voter?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

I just want a traditional English whore when I have a layover in England.  :mad:

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Ideologue on December 07, 2014, 01:29:28 PM

I bet there are tons of Slavic hookers near the airport.

Which reminds me of my best transit airport experience  :cool:

With 3 hours to kill at LAX I went to a generic looking bar within the airport.........but for some utterly incomprehensible reason the people at the bar all knew each other and welcomed me into their group........the barman was very cool, and the embittered old alcoholic had some good points, but the highlight was definitely the two working girls  :cool:

CountDeMoney

That's pretty much SOP at any bar at a hotel airport.  Just like anywhere else in America, you go where the jobs are.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 07, 2014, 02:13:04 PM
And one unfrequented gigolo dressed as a gecko.

Oglekvinde's on the move?
Kinemalogue