Main Menu

PS4 vs. Xbox One

Started by Caliga, February 16, 2014, 09:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

fhdz

Quote from: Caliga on February 17, 2014, 11:38:00 AM
At this point I am officially leaning toward PS4.

They've got a better structure for downloadable indie games, so that'd be the way I'd lean too.
and the horse you rode in on

Jacob

Quote from: fhdz on September 13, 2014, 09:15:47 PM
Quote from: Caliga on February 17, 2014, 11:38:00 AM
At this point I am officially leaning toward PS4.

They've got a better structure for downloadable indie games, so that'd be the way I'd lean too.

I'm hoping to take advantage of that in the next few years... we'll see, though.

Syt

PS4 arrived today (bundled with GTA5). Installing the software update now. <_<

Also picked up WWE2k15 from Amazon. Went to the shops today - not a huge range of titles a year after release, and few exclusives. I picked up FIFA15 (because I prefer sports games on console), and Alien Isolation was on sale for 40 bucks (it was that or Last of Us - which I also want to pick up at some point).

I'm looking forward to picking up MLB The Show next year.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

GTA5 on PS4 is killer. :cool:

Princesca likes to watch me play.  She says it's like watching a mob movie. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Syt,

Loving MLB the show, same as you play mostly sports games on my PS4, have MLB, NBA2k15, and Madden, passed on NHL and if you give WWE good reviews may look at that.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Thanks, k. I suppose I will spend part of today trying to figure out why the network speed is so slow on that thing. It's wired to the router, but a 300 MB download took an hour. :bleeding:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

First impressions on WWE 2k15: it's a good evolution from 2k14. Animations look better, they've reduced the invisible forcefield effect of ropes to not be quite so obvious when moves would drop into the ropes, and they added a chain wrestling mini game where you move through various holds with your opponent to gain momentum. All in all it looks very good.

The controls are reasonably responsive, though I increased the time window for counters for now because I suck. :P Contrlls haven't changed too much from previous games, and it's still much more about timing than about mashing the buttons. Stamina meter has been added, and you will have to pause later in matches after delivering some powerful moves before you can move on or even run.

The last two editions focused on history: Attitude Era and Wrestlemania. This year not so, focusing on present day (though they have of course some legnds included). Instead they have classic storylines to play. Initially that's HBK vs. Triple H in the early 2000s and CM Punk vs. John Cena recently. More will be added as DLC. As usual there's objectives for each match in this mode and plenty unlockables, plus videos.

Additionally they add career mode again in which you design your character and take him or her to the top. This is fun so far. You start out with very low attributes. Through matches and showing entertainment skill (you get more points for a spectacular nailbiter than for a curbstomp) you earn points which you use to increase attributes, learn new moves or unlock special skills or customization  options. You begin as new guy and have to work to even get onto NXT before you get to the big show (no pun intended). It looks fun so far. Watching a few videos of this mode made me buy this game and console.

Complaints: customization seems lower. I think that 2k14 allowed more than the 25 custom stars that the new game gives you. Also, in the previous game you could design arenas - this seems to have been removed.

My copy of the game comes with a download code for Sting, both color and black/white crow version. There's a season pass for a supposed three rivalry storylines. And for EUR 7.99 you can get Fit Finlay, DDP, Lex Luger, Bam Bam Bigelow and Steven regal from the old WCW. The wrestlers look reasonably much like themselves (the standard ones, haven't tried the DLC), some better (e.g. Goldust), some worse (e.g. Shawn Michaels), and i  some cases it's uncanny valley in close ups.
—Stephen Jay Gould