Main Menu

Runemaster - an RPG from Paradox

Started by Syt, January 23, 2014, 11:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 24, 2014, 01:21:55 PM
Quote from: Scipio on January 24, 2014, 12:10:19 AM
Well, it's no Rolemaster.

your bow spectacularly explodes, slicing you into 12 bloody chunks.
That the one called Chartmaster back in the day?
PDH!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 27, 2014, 09:47:39 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 24, 2014, 01:21:55 PM
Quote from: Scipio on January 24, 2014, 12:10:19 AM
Well, it's no Rolemaster.

your bow spectacularly explodes, slicing you into 12 bloody chunks.
That the one called Chartmaster back in the day?

Yes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

They cancelled this game now. I never followed it as the concept didn't seem appealing. Let's see if it has any effect on their other games.

Syt

Haven't followed it over the year, but a bit of a shame. I would have liked to see what P'dox could do beyond their established series.

I doubt it could have been worse than Diplomacy. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

sbr

I had no interest or attachment to Runemaster so I don't really care, but it is nice to see that their new commitment to quality extends to their own internal developments, and not just third party games.

In a bigger sense I had some hopes for the game, because I would like to see Paradox make a fantasy or space based grand strategy game.  They come up with nice games and some interesting game mechanics, but they are hamstrung by being forced to make those mechanics deliver quasi-historical results.  It would be interesting to see what they could come up with if they didn't have to deal with tryign to model something that already happened.

Zanza

Quote from: sbr on December 06, 2014, 03:33:40 PM
I had no interest or attachment to Runemaster so I don't really care, but it is nice to see that their new commitment to quality extends to their own internal developments, and not just third party games.
Based on their forum for Runemaster, very few people were interested in the game. Could be a reason why it was cancelled after all.