Runemaster - an RPG from Paradox

Started by Syt, January 23, 2014, 11:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/runemaster#about_game-tab

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctn_X6UYKwc

QuoteRunemaster

From Chaos Rises a Norse Legend

With Runemaster, Paradox Development Studio invites you to a fantasy realm etched in the rich history of Norse mythology.

Description

In this RPG, you are a hero in a time of chaotic upheaval. Explore the six worlds of Norse mythology, amass your forces and vanquish your enemies on the battlefield in the name of your chosen God. Will you choose to enforce change for those that crave it or will you seek to maintain the status quo - for better or worse?

You, alone can determine the fate of the world.

You, alone are the master of your own saga.

Features

Vast vistas to explore: Wander the six worlds of Norse myth, from the lofty forests of Midgard to the fires of Muspelheim. Each time you start a new campaign, the world is procedurally generated to ensure each adventure is a venture into the exciting and unknown.

Rich tactical combat: Recruit and command an expansive range of units with unique abilities. Learn to use your troops – and the terrain of the battlefield – to crush your enemies.

Emergent storytelling: Who you are and the choices you make have a direct impact on the journeys you embark on. The game's procedural quest system will take note of your deeds and challenge you accordingly. No two playthroughs will ever be the same.

The premise sounds promising.

The screenshots don't look exactly spectacular, though. And it seems to be geared towards use of controllers? (Which needn't necessarily be bad.)

I like that they're doing something completely new for a change. I like the concept on paper a lot, so it'll be interesting to see how it looks in completion.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

I think you mean the screenshots you dreadfully outdated (or indie). :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on January 24, 2014, 12:26:53 AM
I should stop writing on my tablet. -_-

The reaction was to your comment (with which I agree), not the typo (which I didn't notice due to lack of coffee).
—Stephen Jay Gould

Kleves

Judging by the graphics, they're developing the game for the PS2.  :hmm:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

The Brain

QuoteYou, alone are the master of your own saga.

Uh-oh.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

It's the Clausewitz engine, you can't expect the map to be many levels above sucks.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on January 24, 2014, 02:06:22 AM
QuoteYou, alone are the master of your own saga.

Uh-oh.

Swedish civil war!!!

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on January 24, 2014, 01:06:03 AM
Quote from: garbon on January 24, 2014, 12:26:53 AM
I should stop writing on my tablet. -_-

The reaction was to your comment (with which I agree), not the typo (which I didn't notice due to lack of coffee).

:)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Scipio on January 24, 2014, 12:10:19 AM
Well, it's no Rolemaster.

your bow spectacularly explodes, slicing you into 12 bloody chunks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011