News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Old Republic - Holy F*cking Crap!

Started by jimmy olsen, June 13, 2009, 05:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

:o :o :o :o :o

No idea if the game will be any good but the video is amazing. Make sure to watch it in full screen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BjJaAA5A7w&eurl
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jaron

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

I'm not. Come on, the Matrix was like..what, 10 years ago or something? And people are still trying to rip off their cheap effects like it has any place in Star Wars.

LAME!!!

Lets hope the game is better than the trailer :P

Alatriste

To quote the Darth: "Impressive. Most impressive".

Come on, Jaron... what would you choose, fast continuously moving scenes in which you can't see a damned thing, or Matrix-like scenes in which you actually can understand what's happening?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

Quote from: Alatriste on June 13, 2009, 05:45:49 PM
To quote the Darth: "Impressive. Most impressive".

Come on, Jaron... what would you choose, fast continuously moving scenes in which you can't see a damned thing, or Matrix-like scenes in which you actually can understand what's happening?

If they can do it in the movie, they can do it in the trailer for a game. :P

Caliga

I thought it was that he had a friend who works for Bioware or something.  :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Just watched the vid.... Tim, you realize that if this is what the graphics will actually look like, the game's gonna crash and burn, right?

Very few people are going to have rigs that can produce smooth gfx that'll look like that, and an MMO depends on having large numbers of people who can play it.

One of the many reasons Age of Conan failed is because most people couldn't get decent framerates with the (admittedly very nice) graphics.

Anyway, WoW has trailers that look uber-ossum but the real graphics are shite in comparison.

Jaron

I dont think anyone was suggesting this was in game footage. :P

Caliga

Quote from: Jaron on June 13, 2009, 06:26:34 PM
I dont think anyone was suggesting this was in game footage. :P
Well Tim posted the thread, and young Tim needs alot of hand-holding.  :)