And we're back!

Main Menu

The Old Republic - Holy F*cking Crap!

Started by jimmy olsen, June 13, 2009, 05:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 13, 2009, 06:02:55 PM
Neil will make sure it's a great game.

The team making it is in Austin.  I will be there to personally ensure Bioware Austin comes through.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Korea

I want my mother fucking points!

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on June 14, 2009, 10:57:49 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 13, 2009, 06:02:55 PM
Neil will make sure it's a great game.

The team making it is in Austin.  I will be there to personally ensure Bioware Austin comes through.
It is a MMORPG.  It cannot help but be a failure.  It's also the reason that EA bought Bioware.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

Quote from: Neil on June 13, 2009, 09:28:31 PM
ultimately a Star Wars MMORPG suffers from the fact that everyone will play a Jedi or a Sith.
Quite untrue, considering SWG.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

saskganesh

it's an OK trailer as trailers go, I guess.

I logged into free civony a few weeks ago. I was looking at the interface etc., wondering what to do, but the teamspeak chatter that immediately began flowing on my screen pretty much killed any desire I had to try that massively multiplayer experience.  I think I lasted 30 seconds.

bread is good.
humans were created in their own image

PDH

OGM!  My pleats are a drunken facsimile!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on June 15, 2009, 09:04:04 AM
Quote from: Neil on June 13, 2009, 09:28:31 PM
ultimately a Star Wars MMORPG suffers from the fact that everyone will play a Jedi or a Sith.
Quite untrue, considering SWG.
Galaxies was skewed by the way that Jedi were introduced into the game.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

Quote from: Neil on June 15, 2009, 09:46:38 AM
Galaxies was skewed by the way that Jedi were introduced into the game.

.... which was done because of the whiny "IWANNABEAJEDI!!!" crowd.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Oexmelin

I think the «Sith Lords have mechanical implants» device has been overused now...

Que le grand cric me croque !

Palisadoes

Looks quite good. Noticed this a while ago. I might get it.

PDH

Wait, "mechanical implants"?  Are those what I think they are?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Jaron

I think having all Jedi/Sith could work. When people played SWG they were thinking of the Han Solos and Chewbaccas of the galaxy. If this is more inspired by Knights of the Old Republic, that series already put non force users on the back burner.

They already have some classifications of different types of force users too. I hope they don't go the WoW route with tank, damage, healer, but ultimately I think something like that will emerge.

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Berkut

Quote from: Jaron on June 15, 2009, 12:31:10 PM
I hope they don't go the WoW route with tank, damage, healer, but ultimately I think something like that will emerge.

:lmfao:

Kids these days.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grey Fox

They'll do that tho, wether its called the WoW, EQ or Ultima route.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.