News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Old Republic - Holy F*cking Crap!

Started by jimmy olsen, June 13, 2009, 05:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

The death of Qui-Gon Jinn is/was what started the down fall. Obi-wan wasn't ready.

Funningly enough, I've been having the same argument with at co-worker these past couple of days. Even compared the Republic & Jedis to Iran.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on June 17, 2009, 06:37:27 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 17, 2009, 09:11:39 AM
Can you give me an example of a Jedi master that wasn't terrible?
Qui-Gon Jinn, Dooku.
Qui-Gon got bitchslapped by the wussy Darth Maul.  Dooku became Tyrannus, and thus had problems as a Jedi.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: katmai on June 17, 2009, 07:04:29 PM
Mace Windu was kicking ass till that pansy emo Anakin stepped in.
Palpatine was laying down for him.  The whole point of that little act was to get Anakin to cross the point of no return.  As he said, he has 'unlimited power'.  As soon as Anakin had fully betrayed the Jedi, the intensity of Palpatine's lightning increased manyfold, which tells me that he could have killed Windu at any time.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 17, 2009, 07:07:09 PM
The death of Qui-Gon Jinn is/was what started the down fall. Obi-wan wasn't ready.
The Republic was terrible before Qui-Gon died.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on June 17, 2009, 07:26:23 PM
Quote from: Judas Iscariot on June 17, 2009, 06:37:27 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 17, 2009, 09:11:39 AM
Can you give me an example of a Jedi master that wasn't terrible?
Qui-Gon Jinn, Dooku.
Qui-Gon got bitchslapped by the wussy Darth Maul. 
That was an amazing lightsaber battle.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Neil on June 17, 2009, 07:30:58 PM
The Republic was terrible before Qui-Gon died.
Right, but Qui-Gon and Dooku saw that corruption and epic Jedi failure and wanted to make steps to improve it and the Republic as a whole.  Alas, Qui-Gon was killed and Dooku bet on his ability to work the sith to his own ends which backfired and dragged him down and eventually left him as bait to taunt Anakin.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."