Science Says: Internet Trolls = Genuinely Bad People

Started by Jacob, October 03, 2014, 06:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Nope.  Fire starting.  I think killing animals is a good indicator but the fire starting seems ambiguous and the bed wetting doesn't hold up.  The serial killer thing is about identifying a child who may become a serial killer.  The idea is that these three behaviors are "red flags".  The wiki article says that it's still taught to cops.  I don't know anything about that, CdM probably does.  I do remember when he was talking about Bill Frisk he mentioned that cutting up animals is a precursor to becoming a serial killer.

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Yeah, animal abuse is a known precursor in most serial killers;  fire starting not so much, that usually leads to becoming a fireman.

What most serial killers have in common Is fucked up mothers, the ones that would turn tricks in front of Junior or send him to school in a dress. The bios of many of the big name serial killers have fucked up mothers in them.

An absentee father may lead to stealing a car, but a psycho mother will have you cutting up prostitutes.

Martinus

I thought the overprotective mother/absentee father has been proven to be bullshit and just a pop psychology.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on October 04, 2014, 03:35:33 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 04, 2014, 06:32:19 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 04, 2014, 02:10:59 AM
There is also an effect that I could call a reverse homophobia. Generally, any time someone is mean to you or treats you poorly or does not give you something you think you deserve, you tend to blame this on that person's homophobia. While this is often true, it also tends to lead to a victim mentality and does not lend itself well to self-reflection (whereas, in some cases, people may treat you badly just because you are genuinely obnoxious, and not because you are gay). I suppose other minorities/discriminated groups have this too.

Is a "you" in this paragraph a stand in for "Martinus"? :unsure:

Also from your earlier post, I would suggest meeting more gay people. Most I know do not fit your description.

Well, I count you among those who do.  :secret:

Well clearly you don't know me that well. I don't think I've ever made a claim about being mistreated because I was gay. Nor do I think being gay makes a person more unique and interesting to people. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on October 05, 2014, 09:47:22 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 04, 2014, 03:35:33 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 04, 2014, 06:32:19 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 04, 2014, 02:10:59 AM
There is also an effect that I could call a reverse homophobia. Generally, any time someone is mean to you or treats you poorly or does not give you something you think you deserve, you tend to blame this on that person's homophobia. While this is often true, it also tends to lead to a victim mentality and does not lend itself well to self-reflection (whereas, in some cases, people may treat you badly just because you are genuinely obnoxious, and not because you are gay). I suppose other minorities/discriminated groups have this too.

Is a "you" in this paragraph a stand in for "Martinus"? :unsure:

Also from your earlier post, I would suggest meeting more gay people. Most I know do not fit your description.

Well, I count you among those who do.  :secret:

Well clearly you don't know me that well. I don't think I've ever made a claim about being mistreated because I was gay. Nor do I think being gay makes a person more unique and interesting to people. :huh:

I was referring more to the fact that you seem to have a difficult personality.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on October 05, 2014, 09:42:31 AM
I thought the overprotective mother/absentee father has been proven to be bullshit and just a pop psychology.

Meh.

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on October 05, 2014, 04:40:08 AM
Nope.  Fire starting.  I think killing animals is a good indicator but the fire starting seems ambiguous and the bed wetting doesn't hold up.  The serial killer thing is about identifying a child who may become a serial killer.  The idea is that these three behaviors are "red flags".  The wiki article says that it's still taught to cops.  I don't know anything about that, CdM probably does.  I do remember when he was talking about Bill Frisk he mentioned that cutting up animals is a precursor to becoming a serial killer.

Fire starting? Killing animals?

This describes people on a fishing trip.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on October 06, 2014, 08:53:41 AM

Enough said.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: Malthus on October 06, 2014, 08:53:41 AM

:lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!