News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Polish News Thread

Started by Martinus, September 30, 2014, 10:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Typical Languish behavior there- get on high horse about bigotry, then take cheap shot at the South.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 16, 2015, 02:19:20 PM
Typical Languish behavior there- get on high horse about bigotry, then take cheap shot at the South.

I thought it was well done, myself. :)
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on January 16, 2015, 02:18:42 PM
Quote from: Berkut on January 16, 2015, 02:16:00 PM
Quote from: Martinus on January 16, 2015, 02:11:11 PM
I do find it a bit tedious that, from some people, every time I disagree with them, I get the whole "oh we shouldn't have let him back in after all". Especially as most of these people actually voted against me being unbanned anyway, so it's not like I somehow failed to live up to their expectations.

I voted to unban you, and now regret it.

And it has nothing to do with disagreeing with me, but rather realizing what an unpleasant human being your online persona reflects.

I say your online persona, because in person you seem like a pretty great guy. I cannot even really reconcile the two. Online you are a champion of bigotry and intolerance that I would expect to find in Alabama living in a rundown shack with his common law wife.

You, on the other hand, have the nicest online persona ever. ;)

Indeed, I realize that my online persona is pretty assholish at times, and I am ok with that, and I think people who know me personally have no great difficulty reconciling the two. My delivery changes online, but the content is the same, I think.

I certainly never heard you argue in person that really, beating up people who don't act the way society demands is fine, and in fact, NOT beating them up is the root of imagined "pussification" of society.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 16, 2015, 02:19:20 PM

Mississippi or South Carolina would've been a cheaper shot, with AmScip and Ide taking shrapnel.

Eddie Teach

Don't forget the Navy bean.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Martinus on January 16, 2015, 01:05:06 PM
How is it at all about "my antics"?

Meant light-heartedly in the sense of "your activities" or "your posting."  My post was intended as a little double joke about the relative scarcity of internationally-compelling news stories coming out of Poland, as well as the tendency for you to end up an active participant in most of the high-level, self-referential drama on Languish, whether it originated with you or not.

And for the record, I agree that you were not engaged in any bad behavior. :)  At least at the outset: now that the thread has jumped from 2 to 7 pages in the blink of an eye, I'll have to see what antics have ensued and whether yours have displayed proper comportment or not...  :P
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Martinus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 16, 2015, 03:02:40 PM
Quote from: Martinus on January 16, 2015, 01:05:06 PM
How is it at all about "my antics"?

Meant light-heartedly in the sense of "your activities" or "your posting."  My post was intended as a little double joke about the relative scarcity of internationally-compelling news stories coming out of Poland, as well as the tendency for you to end up an active participant in most of the high-level, self-referential drama on Languish, whether it originated with you or not.

And for the record, I agree that you were not engaged in any bad behavior. :)  At least at the outset: now that the thread has jumped from 2 to 7 pages in the blink of an eye, I'll have to see what antics have ensued and whether yours have displayed proper comportment or not...  :P
:hug:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on January 16, 2015, 02:16:00 PM
I voted to unban you, and now regret it.

I voted not to unban him, and actually regret that vote.  Marti's been okay so far.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

You people. *shakes head*

Why was he banned in the first place. What offense did he commit.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on January 16, 2015, 03:21:19 PM

He tried to talk Raz into offing himself.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 16, 2015, 03:35:57 PM

That's an overinterpretation. I suggested it as an option I would personally enjoy. I wasn't very convincing though.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on January 16, 2015, 03:36:43 PM
That's an overinterpretation. I suggested it as an option I would personally enjoy. I wasn't very convincing though.

I didn't say you did a good job.

11B4V

:rolleyes: That's all, really? I see a more nefarious agenda from the Languish hoity toities if that's the case.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

crazy canuck

Quote from: 11B4V on January 16, 2015, 04:07:20 PM

:rolleyes: That's all, really? I see a more nefarious agenda from the Languish hoity toities if that's the case.

Yi put it a bit more tame than it was.