News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Polish News Thread

Started by Martinus, September 30, 2014, 10:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

It is about the principle, no secrets have been revealed here. And I thought the whole idea of having Marty back was to start considering him a non-sociopath despite his history.

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on January 16, 2015, 05:46:55 AM
It is about the principle, no secrets have been revealed here.
The principle still applies - don't share anything with those three that you don't want to be shared around like a comfort woman in a Japanese army camp.

QuoteAnd I thought the whole idea of having Marty back was to start considering him a non-sociopath despite his history.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

I know, I know, fool me twice and all.

Martinus

What the hell is sociopathic in what I posted? It's not that I revealed some secret or shameful thing. Unless you are ashamed that you have a girlfriend or that you like that politician (which you actually admitted before on Languish).  :huh:

To be honest, I thought the fact that you had a girlfriend was a public knowledge here. I don't filter information based on where I hear it because I dont remember where I heard it - especially as I was away for so long so I just assume everything I hear about posters is generally common Languish knowledge.

As for the fact that your girlfriend likes this politician - I haven't actually heard it from anyone, just made the connection (since how the hell would you have heard about some obscure Polish politician otherwise). To be honest, if she is a fan of his and, unlike you, she is not ignorant in Polish politics, this makes me think a lot of bad things about her. The guy is more nasty than Farrage, Le Pen or Santorum.

Tamas

My main issue is you involving her in your usual derogatory comments. Avoiding that is precisely why I did not mention her before.

Jacob

Quote from: Tamas on January 16, 2015, 05:46:55 AM
It is about the principle, no secrets have been revealed here. And I thought the whole idea of having Marty back was to start considering him a non-sociopath despite his history.

I'm pretty sure the reason most people who spoke in favour of Marty returning was that they're amused by the train wrecks he causes, not because they somehow thought he had improved as a human being (though him trying to keep up the pretence of not being a terrible human being is likely entertaining to some).

The reason he got the boot earlier was, essentially, that he'd accumulated too many unamusing and disgusting train wrecks for the abstract languish consensus.

I'm afraid - and this is my interpretation of languish's reaction rather than my own opinion - that Marty being vexatious about your personal life like this is more amusing than unamusing.

11B4V

What's wrong with Marty? He's an OK joe. Jeez you bunch of cyber bullies.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Capetan Mihali

Polish news thread instantly becomes 90% coverage and commentary on Marty's antics -- sounds about right.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Jacob

Quote from: 11B4V on January 16, 2015, 12:19:19 PM
What's wrong with Marty? He's an OK joe. Jeez you bunch of cyber bullies.

:lol:

Martinus

But objectively, guys, do you agree with Tamas here?

I'm a bad man because I make fun of the fact that his girlfriend supports a racist, homophobic, antisemitic politician who uses words like "niggers" from the European Parliament's speech podium?

How is it at all about "my antics"?

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on January 16, 2015, 01:05:06 PM

I'm a bad man because I make fun of the fact that his girlfriend supports a racist, homophobic, antisemitic politician who uses words like "niggers" from the European Parliament's speech podium?

Making fun of one's girlfriend is usually considered bad form no matter what the context.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

11B4V

Quote from: Martinus on January 16, 2015, 01:05:06 PM

Welcome to cyber bullying
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Martinus

Ok, tell it to people who make fun of "Dawid" and "Wiktor" all the time. Or is the rule not applicable to boyfriends?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on January 16, 2015, 01:10:57 PM
Ok, tell it to people who make fun of "Dawid" and "Wiktor" all the time. Or is the rule not applicable to boyfriends?

Exactly. Chivalry doesn't apply to gay dudes just because their partner makes more money than they do.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on January 16, 2015, 01:10:57 PM

Has Tamas ever made fun of Dawid or Wiktor?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.