News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

US Midterm Elections

Started by Jacob, September 29, 2014, 01:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

The RNC is pretty inept.  About the only thing working in their favor is the person chairing the DNC.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2014, 09:28:47 AM
Quote from: Maximus on October 02, 2014, 09:10:03 AM
In what way is that woman black? These Americans are crazy.

:huh:

Not enough recognizable stereotypical "black" features.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 02, 2014, 09:14:39 AM
The RNC is pretty inept.  About the only thing working in their favor is the person chairing the DNC.

Funny, the DNC could say the same about the RNC.  :lol: Which is why everybody sucks.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 02, 2014, 09:35:37 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2014, 09:28:47 AM
Quote from: Maximus on October 02, 2014, 09:10:03 AM
In what way is that woman black? These Americans are crazy.

:huh:

Not enough recognizable stereotypical "black" features.

Yeah that's the only thing I could think beyond the fact that she isn't dark-skinned.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 02, 2014, 09:45:07 AM
Quote from: derspiess on October 02, 2014, 09:14:39 AM

Funny, the DNC could say the same about the RNC.  :lol: Which is why everybody sucks.

Yep, works both ways.  I would say the DNC is a bit more effective than the RNC at get out the vote grassroots type stuff.  But both chairs are just plain awful.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Maximus

Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2014, 11:23:31 AM
Yeah that's the only thing I could think beyond the fact that she isn't dark-skinned.

What non-visual cues should I be getting from an image?

derspiess

garbon

Quote from: Maximus on October 02, 2014, 11:57:43 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2014, 11:23:31 AM

What non-visual cues should I be getting from an image?

I don't understand the question. Or perhaps better yet, what race would you consider the person in that image?

Eddie Teach

Sri Lankan.  ;)

I'm kidding, but she does look more like South Asians than Africans.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maximus

Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2014, 12:16:33 PM
I don't understand the question. Or perhaps better yet, what race would you consider the person in that image?
Could be anything. I thought that was the joke, actually. No one else seems to think it the least bit odd though.

garbon

Quote from: Maximus on October 02, 2014, 12:25:56 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2014, 12:16:33 PM
Could be anything. I thought that was the joke, actually. No one else seems to think it the least bit odd though.

Because it is pretty clear she is of African descent. Not unlike Beyonce and myself. :)

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 02, 2014, 12:25:31 PM
Sri Lankan.  ;)

I have noticed that black people are more likely correctly guess my background than other groups.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2014, 12:32:12 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 02, 2014, 12:25:31 PM
Sri Lankan.  ;)

I have noticed that black people are more likely correctly guess my background than other groups.

I find it hard to believe anyone can correctly guess your background what with you weekly Roulette wheel of self-identification.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017