News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

US Midterm Elections

Started by Jacob, September 29, 2014, 01:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on September 29, 2014, 04:34:50 PM
Millions for dikes not a penny for ducks!

Fuckers shit all over everything.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on September 29, 2014, 04:40:12 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 29, 2014, 04:36:21 PM

Jealous?

A little insensitive to say that to a guy who had aggressive Diharrea for 2 weeks.

Asshole.

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 29, 2014, 04:42:20 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 29, 2014, 04:40:12 PM

Jealous?

A little insensitive to say that to a guy who had aggressive Diharrea for 2 weeks.

Asshole.

That's Katmai, not me.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

I thought that was strictly a German thing, not normally associated with lesbians. :unsure:

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 29, 2014, 05:05:30 PM

I thought that was strictly a German thing, not normally associated with lesbians. :unsure:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on September 29, 2014, 04:30:46 PM

Dude - Winnipeg has a very nice diversion that goes around the city to protect it from floods.  Unfortunately though it's all excellent and fertile soil, which is now very dubious for farming (since in any year there's a possible flood the land gets flooded).

You don't get to choose where you build a damn or a diversion - geography dictates it.  And unfortunately there is no place in North Dakota or southern Manitoba that isn't good farm land.

So rather than spend hundreds of millions of dollars, maybe we'll just let the nice ducks live in their existing wetlands?

You can build levees and the like, but it's a losing battle.  Eventually it'll flood, anything on the other side of the levee will be destroyed.  I saw whole houses washed away back in 93.  Floods are amazingly powerful.  I remember steel girders twisted out of shape by flood waters.  The downside to wetlands is they tend to stink and you get a lot of mosquitoes and that can breed insect borne disease, though it's not as big a problem as it once was.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Nobody knows more about flooding than someone from Winnipeg.

I expect the Republicans to do well, which will be a disaster in the short term, but might be beneficial in the long term.  If Republican thought can result in severe damage to the United States, perhaps they can be eliminated.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: LaCroix on September 29, 2014, 04:20:51 PM
in the U.S., there's lots of rural areas. tons. there's no fear it'll all get swallowed up by exponentially expanding population centers.

That would require an exponentially expanding population. Though it's not such a distant possibility in the East. For instance, look at the reach of the Atlanta metro area:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

I'm not sure how to respond to LaCroix...wetlands are an incredibly important part of the environment and also very vulnerable, but LaCroix apparently doesn't see any intrinsic value in that...
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014