News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Kimg Jong Un in poor health

Started by Syt, September 26, 2014, 06:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on September 26, 2014, 02:28:35 PM
But yeah, Europe has many good cheese makers, and the travel distances are much shorter, so most supermarkets will have a decent range of products.
Also we aren't savages about pasteurisation :bleeding:

Plus whenever there's a trade tiff between the EU and the US the US targets luxury goods (reasonably enough) and it often hits cheeses making them ridiculously expensive.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 26, 2014, 04:53:43 PM
mongers is back to his old mongering ways I see.  :ph34r:

No I just had a senior moment, and temporarily confused homogenized with pasteurized.

Annoyingly it's reminded me of just how hard it is go get non-homogenized milk nowadays.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Its down to cheese ey?
I was just pondering about this if it was related to his weight. Given the apparent body modification he went through to look more like his grandad and for an east asian to be that big is like a white person being four or five times as big.

I'm unsure on whether it would be such a good thing if he died.
There's enough going on in the world right now without Korea getting messy too.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on September 26, 2014, 02:31:44 PM
Oh, also Canada has big tariffs on imported cheese, which also cuts down on fancy cheeses coming in. :(

We actually have a decent variety of domestically produced fancy cheeses. Not quite the variety you find in Europe, but decent nonetheless.

Maximus

Quote from: Barrister on September 26, 2014, 02:24:21 PM
You Euro balls of light are just plain more sophisticated than we are.  Most common form of cheese here is probably processed, followed by cheddar.

Emmental and Gouda is certainly available here, but are "premium" cheeses at higher prices.

Black Diamond cheddar is sold as a fancy cheese down here.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 26, 2014, 12:32:01 PM
Quote from: Zanza on September 26, 2014, 10:09:34 AM
Wouldn't Switzerland be the more obvious choice to learn about Swiss cheese? :hmm:

They make a bunch in France too.

BTW, anyone know what Swiss cheese is called in Switzerland?  It's called Emmental in France.

Swiss cheese is way too vague. Cheese with holes? Swiss emmental has it, like French gruyère unlike Swiss gruyère.
More likely to be called gruyère in France than emmental, which is more often than not associated with Switzerland nowadays. Both used to be confused anyways. But then, only these two countries have the right to use gruyère for cheese produced under specific guidelines. If this sounds a bit unclear, think of Emmental as more Swiss and Gruyère as both Swiss and French.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Current rumour in the Western press is that Kim broke both of his ankles: http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/09/30/north-korean-leader-kim-jong-uns-mystery-illness-actually-two-broken-ankles-newspaper-says/

He's so fat....

The Chinese rumour mill apparently has a rumour going that he's been arrested by another faction, which could be quite something if true.

Scipio

Kim Jong Un so fat that when he sit around house, he sit AROUND house.

Kim Jong Un so fat that when he broke his ankles, gravy pour out.

Kim Jong Un so fat that when he fell over, Seoul have earthquake.

Kim Jong Un so fat that his wife rolled him to cabinet meeting.

Kim Jong Un so fat that he fat. In fucking North Korea.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

hmm...so mutterings suggest it may not be case of Kim merely being ill but of the government having decided to stop taking orders from him. What has happened to Kim though...hmm...I guess they would still want him to be their puppet ruler but perhaps he isn't playing along.
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Quote from: Tyr on October 02, 2014, 09:04:25 PM
hmm...so mutterings suggest it may not be case of Kim merely being ill but of the government having decided to stop taking orders from him. What has happened to Kim though...hmm...I guess they would still want him to be their puppet ruler but perhaps he isn't playing along.

Where are you hearing that?

Like I said, a few days ago the Chinese rumour mill had that theory going. I wonder where it filtered out to, or whether it's a different rumour.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017