NFL Week 6: Relief, because Thursday Night Football kinda sucks

Started by CountDeMoney, October 11, 2014, 12:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

You are on the sideline. That's a We in my book*.

*or, you know, Tim's book.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

See, a requirement for German Bundesliga clubs is that they're indeed clubs that offer membership to the general populace. Bayern Munich currently has over 200k paying members who could rightfully say, "we" when talking about the club. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

Bayern Munich? Currently preferential treatment for tickets, a regular print magazine, slightly cheaper tickets and merchandise. Couldn't find the club rules for them, but for most clubs you'll also be eligible to participate in the club's general meetings including voting rights.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Actually, RB Leipzig, founded by Red Bull 5 years ago, ran into trouble, because they wanted to run it more like a company instead of like a club, which caused them trouble when they came to 2. Bundesliga (2nd Division):

- to dissuade potential members, they were asking for a EUR 800.- membership fee - FC St. Pauli charges EUR 10.-; Bayern Munich EUR 60.-; also members have no voting rights (their official line is that they don't want to be a club with too many members and a fan base that contains ultras; in the first five years they had 10 paying members)
- their board is handpicked by Red Bull with some corporate figures running the show
- the logo looked too much like the Red Bull logo, adding extra marketing to the jersey

RB Leipzig agreed to change the last two items.
—Stephen Jay Gould

derspiess

The Bayern Munich deal seems to make more sense than becoming a Packers "shareholder". 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 14, 2014, 10:15:44 AM
Not any more, unless I'm talking about the league.  I am the sideline Windows Surface technician for the Bengals now, but I work for the NFL.

Now we can blame you for the league's approach to domestic violence.  Oh wait, that would've been your approach anyway.  :P

Admiral Yi

Not any more, unless I'm talking about the league.  I am the sideline Windows Surface technician for the Bengals now, but I work for the NFL.

Man, if you were still single dropping that job title in a bar would score you so much tang.

:P

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 14, 2014, 02:42:57 PM

Man, if you were still single dropping that job title in a bar would score you so much tang.

:P

Dude, the purple NFL hat would do it alone.  Wouldn't have to say a word.

dps

Quote from: Syt on October 14, 2014, 12:32:42 PM
Actually, RB Leipzig, founded by Red Bull 5 years ago, ran into trouble, because they wanted to run it more like a company instead of like a club, which caused them trouble when they came to 2. Bundesliga (2nd Division):

- to dissuade potential members, they were asking for a EUR 800.- membership fee - FC St. Pauli charges EUR 10.-; Bayern Munich EUR 60.-; also members have no voting rights (their official line is that they don't want to be a club with too many members and a fan base that contains ultras; in the first five years they had 10 paying members)
- their board is handpicked by Red Bull with some corporate figures running the show
- the logo looked too much like the Red Bull logo, adding extra marketing to the jersey

RB Leipzig agreed to change the last two items.

I think it would have been better if they changed the first two instead.