NFL Week 6: Relief, because Thursday Night Football kinda sucks

Started by CountDeMoney, October 11, 2014, 12:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

As we seen with PDH, the surrounding states aren't that big on the Broncos.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

I have to disagree with the lower Eastern Shore of Maryland;  it's more Foreskins territory than Ravens, and that goes back many, many years.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 12, 2014, 09:25:02 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on October 12, 2014, 09:10:51 PM
Perhaps outweighed by the hatred of the other nearby options?  :P

Can you really hate a team if you don't have one of your own to root for?

I would think Ponies wold be a natural fit: the team of the Mountain West.

Sometimes it's also not so much about hating the team, but in hating the people/area that the team is in. 

Admiral Yi

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 12, 2014, 09:39:29 PM
Sure.  But who hates people from Denver?  :huh:

After driving through Denver a couple months ago, I hate Denver*.   :)

*(not the people, just in general)

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 12, 2014, 09:39:29 PM
Sure.  But who hates people from Denver?  :huh:

I have the impression they think they are some sort of city on a hilll towering over the rest of us.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 12, 2014, 09:37:42 PM
I have to disagree with the lower Eastern Shore of Maryland;  it's more Foreskins territory than Ravens, and that goes back many, many years.

Sussex County, Delaware is definitely Ravens (and O's) territory though. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Check out the Rams, breaking out the Vince Ferragamo unis.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on October 12, 2014, 11:49:16 AM

Huh.  I wonder if that one lone county in Missouris that goes for the Cowboys is because of the military base there.  Or maybe they are just dumb, they did name the county after a Pole.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Damn, really nice game against the Bills, but it sure cost us on the injury front. :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

derspiess

We also need to keep within ourselves the winning mindset.  There is nothing we can't accomplish.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Not any more, unless I'm talking about the league.  I am the sideline Windows Surface technician for the Bengals now, but I work for the NFL.